Twenty-Eight.

"What you cooking?", Kennedy asks.

"Chicken and waffles.", August says sitting his phone up on the counter.

"Ughhh, I want some.", she pouts.

"I'll make you some when you come back home, I promise.", he says.

"When is that gonna be thoughhh, we're on day three babe.", she sighs.

"Give it time, it's gone happen and when it does we'll be ready.", he says.

"I know.", she sighs, jumping when she hears a knock on his door.

"Who is that?", she asks softly.

"I don't know, put yourself on mute.", he says as she does it and he faces his phone down on the counter and goes to the door and opens it.

"Mariah? What you doing here?", August asks raising his eyebrow.

"We need to talk.", Mariah says scratching her head.

"About?", he asks.

"Us.", she says.

"Us? There is no us, we broke up almost three years ago. 'Us' ended then and there ain't no going back to that. Nice conversation, have a nice life.", he says starting to close the door, but it's stopped by her foot.

"Look, August I want you back!", she yells pushing the door back open with her hand and walking in his house.

"Well, I don't want you back, so exit.", he says backing up.

"You know you want me back, stop trying to fight it.", she says following him and touching his face.

"I'm not trying to fight shit, I don't want you back Mariah damn!", August yells pushing his hands away and starting to walk away again, but is pulled back by his arm as Mariah grabs his face again and kisses him.

"Mm, stop.", he says not touching her, but kissing her back for a second then quickly pulling away, "Get out.", he says instantly regretting what he did.

"Goddammit August! Here I thought doing all this crazy shit would trail you back to me and here you are denying that you even want me back.", she says rolling her eyes.

"You fucked up Kennedy's salon in hopes of getting me back? Bitch are you crazy?!", he yells putting his hands behind his head and tapping the watch three times.

-

"Oh my God, get out the fucking way!", Kennedy yells as she honks her horn and feeling her watch vibrate.

"L.A. traffic is just crazy isn't it babe?", Peyton asks from her backseat, making her eyes shoot from the road to the mirror.

"What the fuck?!", she yells looking back, and sure enough it was Peyton in her backseat.

"Miss me?", he smirks, touching her shoulder and down her arm.

"No!", she yells moving away from him, "How'd you even get in here?", she asks starting to drive again, not really caring about if it's safe driving or not.

"It's really not that hard to hijack someone's car, Kennedy.", he says.

"So what's your motive with this huh? You get me back? We'll move back in together, get married and have kids like you wanted?", she asks, talking him up knowing she's close to being back home.

"Exactly, baby you were all I could think about when I was in jail.", he says touching her hand that's on the stick shift.

"Well why didn't you ever call me?", she asks.

"I knew you weren't gonna answer.", he says, making her smirk to herself, knowing that he's right.

"I mean, I was with August.", she says as her heartbeat picks up as she comes closer to August's house with her blood starting to boil once she sees Mariah's car in the driveway.

"Hey, I still have some things that I need to get out of August's house. After I do, we can start over, k?", Kennedy asks looking back at Peyton and smiling, making him do the same.

"Okay, I'm coming in with you. In case this nigga try something.", Peyton says getting out of her car.

"He's not gonna do anything, we're not even together anymore.", she lies doing the same.

Kennedy walks into the house to see August and Mariah arguing.

"How many fuckin' languages do I have to tell you I don't want you in?", August asks folding her arms.

"None cause I'm still not gonna believe you. Just face it baby, you were never in love with her. You was just using her to get over me.", Mariah says trying to cup his face again, but is yanked back by Kennedy pulling her hair.

"Oh my God, shut the fuck up! He done said he don't want you, take a hint sis.", Kennedy says still keeping a grip on her hair.

"From what I hear, he don't want you either.", Mariah strains from being in pain.

"He tell you that himself? Cause last time I checked, we're very much still together.", she says raising her eyebrow.

"If y'all still together then why he still ki-", she starts getting cut off by Kennedy backhanding her, sending her straight to the floor.

"Talk too fucking much." she mumbles as she stands over her.

"Agreed.", August says rolling his eyes.

"You still with this nigga?", Peyton asks pointing to August.

"Yeah, she is. You want an invite to the wedding bro?", August asks smiling.

"You bitch!", Peyton yells, trying to charge at Kennedy, but gets stopped by August pushing him back and sending a blow to his face, sending him straight to the floor.

"Get up bitch, I'm letting you put up a fight this time. Let's go.", he says squaring up as he stands back up and sends a weak punch as he dodges it and starts punching him repeatedly.

"Now you had to be smart enough to know that me and that man ain't ever over.", Kennedy says forcefully holding Mariah's face.

"No matter what you do or say, it'll never change the fact that I won.", she says smiling as she lets her face go and rests her arms on her thighs.

"Bitch.", Mariah says before spitting on her.

"Ohhhh shit.", August says getting off of Peyton and looking at Kennedy. She sucks her teeth and wipes the spit that landed on her cheek and slaps her, making him smile.

"Get her babe, it's all you.", he says as she forms a fist and punches her in the nose. Being reminded of everything she's done to her, August, and her salon that she worked so hard for, she blacks out and hits her recklessly until she stands up and kicks her all over her body.

"Okay, okay stop. You got her Ken.", August says pulling Kennedy away from Mariah and holding her from behind.

"No! She hurt us babe, let me go!", Kennedy cries trying to get out of his hold, but he doesn't let her go.

"I know, I know, but look at me.", he says turning her around and still keeping a hold on her, "I am okay, you hear me? I'm okay, you're okay, we're okay baby.", he says cupping her face and wiping her tears as she breaks out of his hold and hugs him.

"It's okay now.", he says hugging her and rubbing her back, making her calm down as they hear police sirens.

"Shit.", they say in unison.