Forty.

Wednesday.

"You look beautiful babe.", August mumbles tiredly, looking at Ken primping herself in the mirror. "Thank you.", she smiles. "Mhm, hurry back please.", he pouts a bit. "I'll try my best pooh.", she says walking to the bed and bending down to his level. "Okay.", he sighs.

"Boo.", she pouts, "I gotta go. I love you.", she says pecking his pouty lips a few times before standing up. "I love you too.", he says poking his lips out again, asking for another kiss.

Complying with his wishes, she pecks his lips once more. "I'll be back later.", she says turning to walk out. "Aight.", he says smacking her ass, making her laugh to herself as she gathers her things and heads out.

-

"Good morning guys.", Kennedy smiles walking in with donuts and coffee. "Good morning.", the construction men all say in unison. "I brought you all coffee and donuts, I'll sit them right here.", she says sitting them on her old receptionist desk. "Thank you, Ms. Banks.", they say collectively. "No problem.", she smiles.

A couple of hours into the beginning construction process, Ken checks her phone and laughs at the messages Aug sent her.

Forever💍
Baby, I'm boredddd.
I could really use some youuuu right nowww.👀
Don't you get a break? Let me come down there and blow ya back out.
Oh so now you don't know how to text back? Wow.🖕🏽
I'm offering five star sex and niggas can't text back, a damn shame.
11:08AM

My Wife❤️
Damn babe.☹️
And to think I was actually gonna give you some, smh..
11:10AM

Forever💍
Wait what?
Babyyyy, I'm sorry. I was just playin.
11:11AM

My Wife❤️
I know, so was I :)
I got you when I come home, get it wet for me.😏
11:12AM

Forever💍
Nigga what?😂😂😂
11:12AM

Laughing herself, she sends him one last text before putting her phone back in her pocket.

-

Walking in the house to the beat of Said Sum by Moneybagg Yo, Aug's head pops up from his phone when he hears her walk in.

"Hey babe.", he smiles.

"Huh? Aw, I thought a pussy hoe said sum.", she says walking to him, "I'm just playing, hey pooh.", she leans down and pecks his lips.

"Play too much, how'd day one of construction go?", he asks. "Good, I stayed for as long as I did and let them do whatever they do. They're gonna be down there until around 5.", she says. "That's good baby.", he says.

"I know, right? I'm really excited about this.", she smiles. "I know, I know.", he says standing up, "You look good.", he says cupping her face and pecking her lips a couple times. "I.. do?", she asks scrunching her face up and looking down at what she's wearing.

"Yeah, you always look beautiful to me baby.", he says slowly taking her hair out of her ponytail and running his fingers through her hair. "Thank you.", she blushes. "Mhm, you hungry?", he asks. "Yessss.", she groans.

"Aight let me whip my baby up something.", he says going to the kitchen. "I'm gonna go freshen up real quick, be right back.", she says making her way upstairs.

Now sporting one of August's shirts and a pair of basketball shorts, she makes her way back downstairs. "Well don't you look cute.", he smiles, looking at her choice of clothing. "Thank you.", she says sitting at the island and fixing one of her braids.