Chapter 13 Christine

Christine began reading.

Bella was back at work the next day. Christine had kept her up most of the night fretting. the pharaoh didn't have much to say after Christine's sudden confession. He mainly just listened to her rambling.

"Which happens quite a bit actually" Atem accidentally says out loud.

Christine glared up at him, but it was half hearted.

Christine was frightened and in turn, caused Bella to be frightened. A frightened Christine was never a good thing. Who knew when she would lash out? do something stupid or reckless, And it normally ended up with Bella being the one in trouble for it.

"what's wrong Bella? didn't get enough sleep?" Derek asked looking over at her as he walked up giving her a suspicious glance.

"no, god I was up all night dealing with a friend." Bella replied with a groan. Why did she have to have the stuck at 16 forever female spirit who has post partum depression and major guilt issues.

*i do not!* Christine snapped.

*bull shit* Bella shot back.

Snickers were heard through out the throne room. 

"you two argue a lot" Isis commented. 

"that guy from yesterday?" JJ asked with a 'oh what did you do last night?' look.

"no!" Bella stared at her alarmed and stared at JJ with wide eyes. *well i mean yes and no* bella amended in her mind.

"i wish it were that simple. a friend of mine called me up tripping out" Bella said falling back into her desk chair trying to come up with an easy lie.

"can I asked what about?" JJ asked curiously. though she looked a little disappointed.

"she got drunk there was a big...bomb shell dropped on her husband. now she thinks he hates her" Bella said yawning. Yup that was easy enough. the truth but not the truth.

Atem glared at Christine looking slightly annoyed. How many times was he going to have to say it? "I dont hate you" he says firmly.

Christine's response was to nuzzle up close to him.

"why would he hate her?" Derek asked looking surprised as he sat down at his desk.

"more like what was the bombshell?" JJ says sitting at her own desk

Bella busied her self straightening up some files that she recognized as some that she needed to turn in. "she may or may not have had a...moment with his best friend" she said as she stood up and walked away using the excuse that she needed to turn in some files to the director.

She slipped into the director's office shutting the door behind her. She sighed a little and relaxed.

"what did you do today?" she heard.

she looked up and saw the director sitting at his desk.

"Dad!!!!" Selene exclaimed seeing the picture of the director appear. "No! He is dead!" She says looking as though she was about to have a full blown panic attack.

Bella looked at Selene thoughtfully and then back to the book.

"nothing...i just needed a place to hide for a moment" she said feeling her heart racing. Geeze this guy has his way of making me feel like a kid caught in a cookie jar!

"you do realize telling your co-workers something like that and then abruptly leaving doesn't look good for you" the director spoke. Damn! he heard!

Bellas eyes narrowed a little. "I seem to be a little too comfortable with the Director. I must know he is my grandfather then." she says suspiciously.

Bella rolled her eyes. "for profilers, I'm very saddened and disappointed. you'd think that at least one of them would have caught on to my multiple personalities" she said walking over and dropped the files down onto the desk before sitting in a chair across from him and kicked her feet up on the desk.

"i don't know about them finding out about her but I do know at least one of them caught on to you being completely insane," the Director said sitting up in his seat tossing a file off to the side.

Bella grinned.

"That's not something to be proud of" selene scowled.

bella smirked. "oh finally," she said jokingly while folding her hands together relaxing in the seat.

"How is your...guest?" The director asked with a genuine look of concern.

"he is...learning a lot about his past...Christine is learning a lot too. let's just say he wasn't the only one to get a bombshell dropped on him. she got one dropped on her as well." Bella admitted. She sighed a little as she thought back to the night before.

"are you sure you are ready to come back to work?" the director asked giving her a 'tell me the truth now or else' look.

bella looked up at him confused. "of course why wouldn't I?" she asked taken back by his question and the look in his eyes.

"its just...something was brought to my attention. I would hope that it is not a problem, however, I cannot brush it off without making sure my self" he replied calmly as he watched her.

Selene stood up abruptly and glared at Bella. "You better not be doing it again!" She snapped.

Bella flinched as she looked over at Selene. "Its the future I dont know!" She exclaimed.

"Future or not!" Selene snapped. "You promised!"

"Selene calm down" iris says grabbing hold of Selene's arm and pulled her back down.

"what do you mean. what is the problem? I haven't done anything that would warrant concern" Bella said sounding nervous and worried. *Have I?* She sat up and looked at him.

"i do not want to believe my granddaughter is doing anything that would cause her self harm

Atem and Christine tensed up seemingly understanding what he was saying.

but I know it has been done in the past. I want to keep you as safe as I can. which is why I have allowed you onto this team. I understand my daughter isn't here to take care of you and i cannot do anything without causing suspicion or anyone to find out who I am" he replied with a slight scowl to his voice.

"of course not! ever since I've go this job I've tried really hard to keep it" Bella exclaimed sitting up straight in her chair as she scratched her arm unconsciously. Did he know about...??

Selene glared at Bella with a low growl.

the director watched her and glanced down at her arm that she was scratching. he sighed a bit. "alright go on" he said dismissing her with a thought to have the team keep an eye on her. One could never be too careful.

Bella stood up and walked out with a slight bow of the head. she walked back down the steps and over to where her team was at going over the new case. "sorry" she said quietly sitting down in a chair around the table that they were at in the debriefing room.

"Everything alright?" Hotchner asked looking over at her.

"im fine" Bella replied looking through the information on the case that had been sent to her phone. "heads up...Director is going to want to talk to you" she added with a scowl.

Penelope,

their computer tech, was standing in front of everyone controlling the slideshow of the case seem reluctant to continue but did so anyway effectively cutting off anyone else who wanted to question Bella.

They would just have to do so at a later time.

"That's the end of the chapter" Christine says looking up.

"Let's go around in the same order" atem suggests as he took the book from her.