Chapter 22 Bakura

Bakura eagerly reads wanting to find out more.

When Christine woke she found her self laying on a soft mattress. her eyes opened as she stared up at the unfamiliar ceiling blinking a few times. Slowly she sat up and looked around as she tried to remember where she was at and why.

It didnt take her very long to remember as she looked down at her leg and saw that it was nicely bandaged up. It was clear that who ever had done it, knew what they were doing. she looked over as she saw Derek walk in with a bowl of what looked like Cereal.

"Cereal?" Atem asked.

"a breakfast food" Bella speaks up. "though you can eat it when ever it does not have to be a morning meal" she added.

"hey, i didn't think you would be awake so soon" he greeted seeing that she was awake. Christine stared at him blankly.

"how long was i out?" Christine asked looking at him puzzled.

"about maybe two hours. I was about to head to bed when you showed up. but after patching up your leg i got hungry" Derek said as he raised his bowl a little.

"He is always hungery" Bella says laughing.

"Im sorry" Christine said looking away.

"it aint a problem...what happened?" Derek asked looking down at her as he sat down on the couch taking a bite of his frosted flakes.

Bella flinched a little as her stomach growled.

"i um...I don't really know" Christine replied truthfully, but it was rather reluctant. "i went home...but, the people staying there were arguing so i left and i'm not sure how i got hurt....or when" She added. "i was...out of it" she trailed off as she looked away.

"what were they arguing about?" Derek asked curiously as he took another bite.

"What else?" Christine scowled.

"Me" Christine said with a sigh as she shrugged a little. "one of them is jealous of me and is trying to convince the others that i am the bad guy and that my own husband should forget about me and turn his attention onto her" she deadpanned. "the same damn thing that happened way back when we were alive." she added with a saddened sigh.

Atem growled in annoyance. Christine leaned up and kissed him on the cheek which calmed him down a little. Atem pulled her closer to him wrapping his arm around her.

"ouch, that's ruff" Derek said with a shake of his head. He honestly had no idea what to say.

"I didn't know where else to go..." Christine trailed off. "i don't know what is happening between us...i....i think he wants to start over again...but" she looked away. "then this whole crap with Tea...and then...that lady.." Christine looked very confused as she remembered the elder lady who had given her Derek's address.

"but...? you dont want that?" Derek asked looking puzzled. 'What woman is she talking about?' he wondered.

"Bastet" Christine says. "at least...i think"

"no, i do...I do want that...but....not if it means going back into the same old routine. I loved him...I really did, But it is clear his attention is and will always be on another, Just as she said...I was his past...it needs to stay in the past. we are not in Egypt any more...It is Bella's turn. and she wants to be here with you and the team" Christine explained looking up at him. She really did want to try again with the pharaoh, but this just wasn't fair to Bella. Christine's time was up. This was Bella's life now.