Chapter 35 Bakura

The team walked into the station after taking a small trip to the store at Christine's insistents.

Hotch broke off from the rest of them to talk to one of the officers there.

Christine glanced around quickly. the team walked over and set up a place to work. Christine had put her hair up and hid it in a hat

 and had sun glasses on. 

"why?" Isis asked.

"so that no one would recognize me" Christine replied.

"but that would just draw attention to your self" Bella says sighing. "It is rude to wear hats in side for one." she says.

Christine picked up a file and opened it looking through the pages hoping that no one approached her. 

"Why are you still wearing those?" Derek asked seeing that Christine had not taken the hat nor the sunglasses off. Christine glanced around quickly and leaned forward. 

"Shut up, damn it!" she hissed quietly. "and don't call me by name either" she added quietly. 

"then what am i supposed to call you?" Derek asked looking at her with a 'what the hell is wrong with you' look. 

"Many many things" Atem says sadly causing Christine to look over at him with a glare.

The team looked at each other puzzled but then Hotch walked over.

"alright Derek you and" He started to see but seeing Christine slice her hand across her throat trying to tell him to shut up. "your normal pairing, go talk to the victims families see what you can find out. Emily and JJ go check out the crime scene." Hotch said. "Reid with me" he added. 

"Thank the gods he got the hint!" Christine exclaimed with a sigh of relief.

Christine made a face. *why cant we go check out the crime scene? why do we have to deal with the people* She thought to her self and followed Derek out after getting the addresses of the families. 

Once she and Derek got into the van she growled and voiced her question out loud. Derek turned and looked over at her. 

"Ok what is really going on with you?" he asked as he drove away from the station. one way or another, he was going to get answers.

"nothing" Christine said sharply with a scowl. She wished that he would just drop the subject.

"Christine, you are a horrible liar when you are stressed or upset about something" Atem says shaking his head. "Normally you can lie very well, but when you are upset, there is no hiding it"

Christine reddened causing everyone else to laugh.

"why are you hiding?" Derek tried again. 

"I'm not" Christine insisted. *please just stop!* she inwardly groaned.

"mhm" Derek said not believing her. Christine looked out the window watching the scenery pass by. The drive took about 10 minutes to get to the first house. 

As they got out of the van they noticed two kids sitting on the porch playing with some trucks and dolls. 

"Uh oh"

Christine felt a sharp pain in her chest as she thought about Christian. she hoped that, where ever that her boy was at, he was alright.

Christine whimpered a little, suddenly placing a hand on her stomach with worry in her eyes.