Chapter 33 shadi

Christine shot up in bed and looked around quickly the second the sun hit her eyes. Her heart started racing as she realized that she wasn't in Bella's room. it took her several moments to remember that she had come into the room that Yugi and the pharaoh were using, however there was no sign of them in the room. She looked down as if realizing something and saw that the bed sheets were laying on top of her. 

Chuckles filled the room.

Christine huffed as she crossed her arms looking at them angerily. She hated waking up to find the pharaoh gone.

Pushing the sheets off of her self she got up. She nearly fell when she stood up. Like her legs didnt want to work. Her eyes caught sight of some bandages. Her leg was wrapped neat and snug. Who had done that? When? Had the pharaoh seen it?

her eyes continued darting around the room uneasy until she had gotten out of the room and walked down the stairs where Zorro

Bella flinched hearing the name.

and Sam were waiting patiently. The more she walked, the easier it became, how ever it was still difficult for her.

"im getting it" Christine said reassuringly as she saw their tails wagging at the sight of her. The two followed her into the kitchen. Christine tensed up as she saw Yugi, Tristan, Joey, Tea, and Ryou sitting at the table eating breakfast, which looked like it had come from McDonalds. 

"yum" bella commented.

Alec perked up a little.

 She walked passed them trying to avoid their gaze as they turned and looked over at her when she walked in. 

"morning" Yugi said cheerfully. 

"how are you feeling?" Tristan asked watching as Christine filled up Zorro and Sam's food dish. Sam whined and pressed his cold wet nose to her leg causing her to jump a little. Zorro was bouncing around and wagging his tail excitedly as he watched the food go in to the dishes and pounced as soon as his bowl was full.

Bella giggled. Zorro was a brat some times.

Alec looked over at Bella and grined.

"Where is...Christian?" Christine asked looking over at them reluctantly. 

"He isn't here" Tea said automatically.

"where did he go?" Atem asked looking up.

"I had him working on something for me" Horus replied offhandedly. Christine relaxed a little hearing this and grinned. She was relieved to know that Horus had taken care of her son.

"He should have at least left word or something" Alec says disapprovingly. "I always make sure i send a note or a text to mom if i change location" he says.

Bella sighed a little.

Christine adopted a look of depression.

Christine's heart stopped at the reply. panic began to set in. quickly she stood up and looked at them fully. They could see the fear and panic in her eyes. 

"what!? Where did he go?!" She asked in alarm. 

"He didn't say" Joey replied with a shrug.

"did...did he say if he was coming back?" Christine asked looking over at Yugi, but it was Ryou that answered. 

"I am sure that he will" Atem says reasurringly.

"No he wont" Christine says with a sigh.

"you dont know that" Atem replied.

"I wouldn't" Christine shrugged. "It only makes sense..I wasnt around. he doesn't need me...Im sure that he doesnt want me either"