39 Bella

Bella takes up the book.

She hadn't been aware that she had fallen asleep, but hearing a tap on the window jolted her awake. She looked around quickly with wide eyes and looked over towards the door. Seeing walker standing there confused her. 

*shouldn't we be on a plane by now?* she wondered seeing how dark it was out. and quickly opened the door rubbing her eyes with her free hand while yawning. 

"I come with a peace offering."

"The only way to wake up Christine and not die" Atem deadpanned.

Walker said as he held out a plate of food over to her. Christine stared at him blankly but accepted the plate of food. 

"what time is it?" She asked groggily. 

"Dinner." Walker replied.

"why haven't we left yet?" Christine questioned as she took a bite of the salad that he had given her. 

"a salad, really Christine?" Bakura looked at his sister looking as though someone had kicked his favorite puppy.

Christine huffed and crossed her arms.

"I'm not sure. Those friends of yours went into town about 3 hours ago. they haven't come back yet." Walker replied. Panic shot through Christine as she got out of the van quickly. 

"do you know where they were headed?" She asked quickly. 

"they didn't say" Walker replied. "why what's wrong?" he asked seeing the look of panic in her eyes. 

"n-nothing" She replied. "at least...I hope it isn't" She mumbled to her self. "i...I have to go find them" she said. 

"no! stay there at the house!" Mahad groaned.

"I'm headed into town now if you want a ride" he suggested. Christine didn't answer, but she followed him to his truck and got into the passengers side. Bella the fox was laying across the back of the seat. waiting patiently. 

Walker got into the drivers side and pulled out of the drive way. 

Half way into town Walker was unable to keep silent. "are you ever going to tell me what is going on with you?" he questioned as he looked over at her.

"i told you" Christine replied as she stared out the front window looking ready to jump out of the truck if she needed too. 

"I know my daughter Christine. You are worried about something...about your team...Bella would be in control trying to help not you" Walker said sharply cutting her off as he turned his head to look over at her. 

Bella flinched. Damn, He did know her too well.

Christine flinched a little. "I....I cant...LOOK OUT!"

Bella tensed.

Christine, Alec, and Selene looked up with a look of pure terror. What had happened?

Christine yelled as her eyes widened seeing something in the road. Walker looked over quickly and swerved to the side quickly having been blind sighted by the larger truck that was coming their way. the bed of the truck was hit with enough force to make them slide off the road. 

Gasps filled the room. Atem looked at Christine as if to make sure that she was still there.

Christine was faintly away of Horus running his hand through her hair.

Christine's head slammed against the window shattering the glass and knocking her unconscious with blood pouring down her face and staining her hair as glass embedded into her skin.