it happened one summer

"Good morning, you lazy sods," Blaise Zabini greeted. He walked in through the back door after a morning jog, which had become his new favorite activity besides his bedroom time with Pansy Parkinson, his betrothed.

Pansy Parkinson grinned from the kitchen. She flipped a new pancake on the stove. Muggle living suited her well; she loved to cook.

"Morning, darling, breakfast is almost ready!"

He smiled and hugged her from behind before he planted a kiss on her neck.

"You look lovely."

"And you smell like shite."

Blaise chuckled into her ear before he swiped a piece of bacon from the platter by the stove. Pansy slapped his hand with a pointed look.

"Good morning, you two," Catherine Collins smiled. She slinked downstairs in her silk robe with a matching silk pajama set underneath. Her long blonde hair was carelessly thrown in a messy braid.

Harry Potter strolled in through the front door moments later. He grinned over at Catherine.

"Morning, Potter, do you want to get in a match before breakfast?"

Harry perked up at the mention of quidditch.

"Of course, mate, hurry up before your fiance yells at you to shower."

Pansy shot Harry a glare and a wave of her spatula. Catherine smiled at the dynamic between them.

"Morning, Cat," Harry grinned and kissed her cheek.

"Good morning, Harry," she blushed.

"Come on," Blaise called. Harry nodded and hurried out the backdoor into the charmed quidditch pitch.

Pansy slammed her spatula down with a glare at Catherine.

"I swear to Merlin, the two of you have spent the whole holiday together without snogging. The sexual tension is suffocating."

Catherine giggled, "I know."

"You do it to torture us, don't you?" the brunette laughed.

"Of course, I have to get my kicks somewhere."

"Speaking of which," Pansy smirked. "I have some fun leaves that I thought we could use today?"

"You're talking about canabisatriteaux, aren't you?"

Pansy pulled out a bag of leaves from inside a cookie jar by the bacon. She wiggled the bag with a huge smile.

"Pansy, you are the love of my life."

The girl beamed, "Let's have breakfast. Then, we can convince Potter it's just a plant for digestion."

"Deal!"

The girls plated breakfast before they headed outside to get the boys.

"Breakfast," called Pansy.

Blaise and Harry hurriedly came inside. The four of them resumed their usual routine. Pansy and Blaise read the Daily Prophet together. Catherine talked to Harry about what his unusual relatives were doing. They had become quite accustomed to it.

"Alright, boys, you do the dishes. Cat and I have a surprise; we have some canabisatriteaux," squealed Pansy.

Blaise chuckled, "It's going to be a great day."

Harry looked up with a confused expression.

"What's that?"

"Oh, it's just a digestive herb," Catherine grinned. "But you won't feel like you've eaten anything. So, no bloating."