crazy, stupid, purebloods

Catherine leaned against Harry's leg as the two sat in front of the fire. The Gryffindor common room was relatively quiet on that particular Wednesday evening. Harry had just come back from quidditch practice, and he and Catherine were studying.

Well, correction, Harry was reading his potions textbook, and Catherine was studying.

"So, which spell are you reading about now?" she asked him.

He smiled, "It's this one. All it says is that it's used for enemies."

Harry pointed at the messy scrawl that spelled out the world Sectumsempra.

"We can test it if you want?"

He laughed, "No, I don't think so."

"Oh, come on, it'll be fun."

"And what if I accidentally hurt you?"

Catherine turned around to face him with a small smile on her lips.

"I doubt you could."

"You're not wrong," he grinned. "But, no, Hermione will kill me if I try it out."

"And since when do you listen to her?"

"I'm trying to, it's a new thing."

She giggled and returned to her Charms book as the portrait hole flew open. Hermione shoved Ron lightly and stalked over to Catherine and Harry.

Ron rolled his eyes and followed her.

"What's wrong with you two?" Catherine asked.

"He's being such a pigheaded idiot!"

"I'm not the one gallivanting around and flirting with Malfoy while I'm dating someone else, Hermione!"

"I'm not flirting with him, you idiot! We were talking about our project."

"Sure you were," Ron scoffed.

Harry glanced between the two with a weary expression. He had seen Hermione and Malfoy had been spending copious amounts of time together on the Marauders Map, but he didn't think that pointing it out would help.

"I'm seeing Eddie, and we decided to be exclusive now, anyhow," she snipped in reply.

Catherine looked over at her with an arched eyebrow, which Hermione ignored. Her eyes stared angrily ahead at the fire.

"Well, er, have you been invited to Slughorn's party?" Harry awkwardly asked.

Before anyone could reply, a fourth year Gryffindor walked over.

"Hello, Harry," she smiled.

"Hello," he replied.

"I just wanted to give you these chocolates that we made for you," she giggled. "I'm Romilda, by the way."

Harry looked down at the box with a smile.

"Thanks!"

"No problem, bye, Harry."

Romilda skipped back over to her friends and started to giggle with them. They were all staring at him. Catherine glared at Romilda, which caused her to go as white as a ghost. She quickly twirled around to face her friends, and they all looked alarmed. The gaggle of girls then quickly left for the dormitories.

"Hm, I wonder what these are for?" Harry mumbled.

He opened the box, but it was knocked out of his hand by Hermione. She swiped the box into her hands with a pointed look at him.