Chapter 7

It was Halloween and Adaline was in the bar's basement looking at her costume that Roni had ordered in for her.

"Adaline, come on, put it on and get up here!" Roni called out from the bar.

"Are you serious?!" Adaline asked.

"Yes, I am, wear it! Henry wants to see it," Roni said.

"Definitely not wearing it then," Adaline said.

"I'll call a certain Detective over if you don't!" Roni said.

"I have no idea what you're talking about!" Adaline said and got dressed.

Henry chuckled, "What did you buy for her?" Henry asked.

"Oh, you'll see," Roni smirked and they turned to see Adaline walking into the bar, "See, perfect," Roni said.

"Perfect? Could you get it any shorter?!" Adaline asked her.

"No, did you want it shorter?" Roni asked.

Adaline glared at her as she saw Roni wearing a costume of a girl from the 50s, "I am not stepping out from behind this bar," Adaline said and stood behind the bar, then Roni chuckled, "Not funny," Adaline said.

"It looks good," Henry said.

"You finally spoke," Adaline said and Roni smirked as she made a drink.

"You're off to a party tonight aren't you?" Henry asked her.

"I was, my plus one bailed," Adaline said.

"Date, it's called date," Roni said.

"Plus one," Adaline said.

"Date," Roni said.

"Plus one," Adaline said.

Roni sighed, "Anyway," She placed a drink in front of Henry, it was red and smokey, "I call it The Poisoned Apple, Scotch, Schnapps and dry ice," Roni said.

Henry tried it, "Could use a dash of cinnamon," He said.

"Cinnamon, I never thought of that," Roni said and added a dash into the drink, "What's up with you? You've been a gloomy Gus since you walked in here. Last time I saw you, you were all smiles and ice cream with Jacinda and Lucy," Roni said.

"What happened?" Adaline asked.

Henry sighed, "After we split that night, I, uh, took a detour home through the cemetery where my wife and daughter are buried," He sighed again and Adaline walked over, "It's just seeing the graves, it just felt like losing them all over again," Henry said.

"Hey, I get it," Adaline said.

"Yeah?" Henry said.

Adaline sighed, "Losing a love like that makes you afraid to move on, but eventually, you have to let go of those ghosts. So, why don't you go ask Jacinda if she wants to go to a Halloween party?" Adaline suggested.