Chapter 33

The next day, at the police station, Rogers was in the interrogation room with Drew.

"Can you please let me out of here? I don't belong here, the last guy that got locked up inside this place ended up dead," Drew said.

"Excellent, then I'm glad you're up to speed because that's exactly what I wanted to discuss. I took your suggestion and looked at Nick Branson's M.E. report and it doesn't make any sense, it says he was stabbed from the inside," Rogers said.

"I told you Samdi was powerful," Drew said.

"No, you see, I'm gonna need you to be more descriptive than that, how did he do this?" Rogers asked.

"He used magic," Drew said.

"Magic, so that's your story," Rogers said as he scoffed.

"Magic is real, detective," Drew said.

"Magic is a fairy tale," Rogers said.

"Yes, it is. It's not from this land, a Land Without Magic, but there are shreds of it that have made their way over. The sooner you accept that, the more likely that you're gonna survive. Why do you think Nick was killing all those women anyway?" Drew said.

"He was targeting a cult," Rogers said.

"Not a cult, a coven, he was hunting down witches," Drew said.

"There's no such thing," Rogers said.

"And there's no way a man can be stabbed from the inside. Believe whatever you like, Detective, but there is a war brewing and no one in this city is safe," Drew looked at Rogers, "Ask your lass," Drew said.

"Adaline... What does she have to do with this?" Rogers asked.

Later, Tilly rushed into Vivian's hospital room and Vivian looked at her

"Tilly, what's wrong?" Vivian asked noticing she was upset.

"I... I just ran into that woman, Eloise Gardener... She approached me and told me... That she was my mother," Tilly said.

"What?" Vivian sat up suddenly.

"I know, it's weird... It's really weird," Tilly said.

"Screw this," Vivian looked at Tilly, "Tilly, I need you to do something for me, can you do that?"

Tilly nodded and walked to her as Vivian whispered in her ear. Tilly looked at her shocked, "But, Rogers won't like it," Tilly said.

"Well, Rogers will have to get over it," Vivian said, Tilly nodded and left the room.