Chapter 29

Flashback

Killian took Henry to a tavern for his adventure, Killian was wearing a cloak that covered his face.

"So, this is where I'm supposed to find my adventure?" Henry asked as he saw some people in the tavern fighting each other, "I don't think bar fights really count," Henry said.

"I assure you, our adventure's close at hand. Soon, we'll be sailing after the greatest treasure on the seven seas," Killian said as they sat down at a table in the corner.

"Which is what?" Henry asked.

"Davy Jones' Locker. It's an ancient treasure chest buried beneath the waves. Every pirate seeks it, but one Captain Hook has the map," Killian pulled out a folded parchment, "Found it a few years ago. I thought maybe I could trade it for a cure for my poisoned heart, but it's brought me no luck. Perhaps it will bring you some," Killian said as he handed over the map.

Henry took the map, "Thank you. Okay, so when do we set sail? Where's the Jolly Roger?" Henry asked.

"Ah," Killian saw Blackbeard walk into the tavern, "That's why we're here. I left Mr Smee in charge of this Jolly Roger, but Blackbeard proved more than his match in battle, and now I'm afraid my ship is in his hands," Killian said.

Blackbeard got up on a table, "Pirate scum, the Jolly Roger needs able-bodied men, but keep in mind, if you're a mean drunkard with nothing to offer but a temper and a thieving heart, then you're exactly who I'm looking for!" Blackbeard announced and the men in the tavern cheered, "First men on board have a chance to live and die at my hand! Move your asses!" Blackbeard said and proceeded to leave the tavern with men following after him.

"So, wait, the only way to get my ring is to join Captain Blackbeard's crew?" Henry asked.

"Ah, no, he'd recognise me and no offence, I don' think he'd pick you. No, we're going to sneak aboard and take my Roger back," Killian said.

End of Flashback

Rogers took Tilly to her new job at the Rollin Bayou, they walked down the street and he noticed that Tilly was nervous.

"Don't be nervous, you're going to love this job," Rogers said.

"But I am nervous, I can't just not be," Tilly said as she goes to bite her nails.

"Well, then, don't act so nervous and stop chewing your nails!" Rogers said.

"Ugh! You're being very imperious today! Maybe you're the nervous one," Tilly said.

"I had to pull in a big favour to get you this job since I happen to know you have a taste for this type of thing," Rogers said.

Tilly looked at him confused before she noticed the food truck. Sabine saw them from inside the truck, "Hey! There's my little protege," Sabine walked out of the truck as Rogers and Tilly walked to her, "Hi, you must be Tilly," Sabine and Tilly shook hands, "Adaline and Rogers told me you're a big fan of my work. Our other guy Drew, he works even days, you can work odd," Sabine said.

"Well, I like odd things, so that's good," Tilly laughed, "Thank you," Tilly said as she smiled.

"Adaline is a close friend of mine, I'm happy to help her and her favourite detective," Sabine smiled at Rogers who tried to fight a smile, "And it just so happens I have his favourite order already," Sabine said as she picked up a bag from the truck, handing it to him.

Rogers took the bag and smiles, "Well, if that's how this works, I might have to drop her off more often," Rogers said.