Chapter 15

At the police station, Rogers was cutting Gothel's cake when Regina walked in.

"Oh, hey, Rogers. I'm looking for Weaver, is he around?" Regina asked him.

"Weaver? He's probably out being a shady, treacherous bastard somewhere," Rogers said.

"Oh, that's right. I heard how it all went down with Eloise, where is she now?" Regina asked.

"She's, uh, at a transitional home. Um, I've promised to keep a watchful eye on her," Rogers said.

"Oh? Well, that's kind of you. From the sounds of it, she's not the only one who needs help. Henry and Ada told me about how Weaver used that girl, Tilly," Regina said.

"Seems to me like she wanted to be a pawn," Rogers said.

"You know, people only let themselves be used when they don't have any other option, so may you can give her one," Regina said

"Okay, I'll reach out to her," Rogers said.

"You're a good cop, Rogers," Regina looked at the cake, "Hey, what's this?" Regina asked.

"It's a thank you from Eloise," Rogers said.

"Oh," Regina said and dropped the cake in the bin beside his desk.

"What the hell was that for?" Rogers asked her confused.

"Too much sugar will kill ya, plus if you want something sweet. I have a certain bartender that's upset with you," Regina said as she placed her hands on his desk.

"Ada..." Rogers sighed, "Yeah, I know she's upset with me, practically walked out of here without even looking at me.

"Ada, she can hold grudges, you might want to do something before you can't undo it," Regina said.

"Alright, I'll drop by later and talk to her," Rogers said.

"Good, I'll give her an hour or two off so you both can make up," Regina turned to walk then looked at him, "You mean a lot to her, but she's scared to open up, later," Regina said and walked off.

Rogers watched her leave the station he was unaware that the cake had a branch inside, it wasn't a thank you cake... It was meant to kill him.

 It was meant to kill him