Chapter 22

Flashback

It's nighttime as Tiana, Naveen, Killian and Vivian walked through the forest.

Killian sighed, "So, any sign of the crocodile, mate?" He asked.

"Old boy's an alligator," Naveen said.

"What's the difference? Both will devour you if given the chance," Killian said.

So, we best not give it to them and since it's pretty clear here our prince has no idea where he is going, I think it's time that I took over the hunt," Tiana said.

Naveen found markings on the ground, "Well, thankfully for all of us that won't be necessary. By the looks of these marks here, someone was dragged in that direction," He chuckled dryly, "Ahh! The game is still afoot," Naveen said.

"This is not a game, my people's lives are at risk," Tiana said.

"Oh, lighten up, Your Majesty. It's just something hunters say," Naveen said as he walked ahead.

Vivian tilted her head back and groaned, "Ugh, kill me, please," She said.

Killian looked at her and chuckled, "You good, love?" Killian asked.

"No, they're annoying me... Well, Naveen is," Vivian said.

"I can tell," Killian chuckled.

"Please, can we let the alligator eat him?" Vivian looked up at Killian with a sweet smile.

"Don't look at me like that," Killian said.

"Why not?" Vivian asked.

"It makes me do whatever you want," Killian said.

"Good, so can we, please?" Vivian asked him jokingly.

"Maybe, love, maybe," Killian saw an injured villager, "Tiana!" He called out and he, Tiana and Vivian rushed over to the villager.

"It was an alligator, it took the whole ferry down," He said.

"Did you see where it went?" Naveen asked.

"Back in the water, it was headed towards Firefly Island," He said.

Tiana was bandaging up the villager, "I can heal him, Tiana," Vivian said.

"Oh, oh, yes you can," Tiana said and stood up as Vivian knelt beside the villager, they watched as she healed him.

"You're gifted with magic..." Naveen said.

"Yeah," Vivian looked at Tiana, "Isn't there a village there?" She asked.

"Yes there is, we have to stop the alligator," Tiana said.

"I'm coming with you, lives are at stake, you need a hero," Naveen said.

"And yet she has you," Vivian commented.

"We don't have time to argue about this right now," Tiana looked at Killian, "Hook, stay with Vivian as she heals the man then help him find whatever he needs and take him to the next village," She turned to Naveen, "Prince Naveen, you say you're a hero, time to show me you're not just talk," Tiana said and she and Naveen walked away.

End of Flashback

Later at the bar, Zelena had called Samdi earlier in the day and he walked into the bar.