Chapter 32

Flashback

Alice arrived at a cottage and she walked inside, "Hello?" Alice called out and looked around before picking up a bottle from the table.

Facilier came up behind her, "Dragon's Fire, one drop burns the fingernails right off. Interested?"Facilier said.

"No, thanks, uh, I was actually hoping to speak to some dead, I heard you could do that," Alice said.

"Well, I don't really talk so much as listen and do you know what they're saying right now? That you're not here to talk at all," Facilier said.

Rumpel appeared, "The dead always so perceptive," Rumpel said.

"Dark One, sending little girls to do your dirty work now?" Facilier said.

Rumpel chuckled, "Well, what can I say? Always love a good loophole," Rumpel said.

Alice took out Facilier's dark heart, he gasped and wheezed. Alice gasped as what she just did, Facilier went to charge towards her but Alice held up his heart, "Don't move!" She said and Facilier stopped dead in his tracks.

"That's a good girl," Rumpel said.

Facilier glared at him, "You'll pay for this," Facilier said.

"So, what do we do now, just order him to give up the magic?" Alice asked Rumpel.

"Oh, we don't have to. All we need is right there," Rumpel pointed to Facilier's heart, "You know, the only cure for a poisoned heart is to sacrifice someone else's. So, if you want to save your father you have to crush his heart," Rumpel said.

"So, you found who you were looking for and I'm the test, how convenient," Facilier said.

"What test?" Alice asked.

"Nothing, silence him," Rumpel said.

"Listen to me, little girl..." Facilier said.

"Just shut up!" Alice shouted interrupted him and Facilier closed his mouth, "Oh, I'm not if I can do this," Alice said.

"Oh, I-I-I know it's hard," Rumpel walked to her, "Let me help you," He placed their hand over Alice's, "All you have to do is stand, one little twitch of a finger," He pushed a finger against the dark heart in her hand, "And I'll finish the job. Crush. Over before you know it. Just one little twitch, Alice. One little twitch," Rumpel said.

"No, no, sorry! I can't!" Alice said she restored Facilier's hear and left.

Rumpel followed after Alice, "Alice, Alice, wait," Rumpel said.

"You knew I was gonna have to do that," She turned to him, "You should've told me!" Alice said.

"I-I couldn't because well, then you wouldn't have come and I had to know," Rumpel said.

"Know what?" Alice asked.

"Well, I've been searching for someone... A very powerful person who's gonna do something far greater than anyone has ever done before and, Alice, that person is you," Rumpel said and Alice looked at him surprised as he smiled warmly at her.

End of Flashback

Later, Rogers and Henry entered Nick's apartment, Henry looked slightly hesitant being back the apartment where he was held.

"You okay?" Rogers asked him.

"Yeah, yeah, let's just get this over with," Henry said.

"I should warn you, even if you do find what it is you're looking for, it likely won't be the, uh, revelation that you're hoping," Roger said.