Sleepover

{George's POV}
————
I decided to text Clay.

George : Hey, are you still up?

It took a couple minutes for him to respond. I don't know if he was asleep or if he was eating, I was just happy he responded.

Clay : Yeah, what's up?

George : I was wondering if I could come over?

Clay : for the night?

George : yeah

Clay : of course, but is everything ok?

George : well, my parents have been arguing since I got home, and my dad already yelled at me for skipping school

Clay : don't listen to whatever he says George, he doesn't know what he's talking about

George : I know, and the storm

Clay : the storm?

George : yeah, I've never been a big fan of them, I always get scared or jump every time the thunder and lightning stirkes

Clay : oh alright, you can come over, do you need the address?

George : Mhm

Clay : it's ***************

George : ok, thank you

Clay : anytime

I smiled a bit and put my phone down on my dresser. Should I-
My thoughts were interrupted by my door opening.

"Hey brat-" Rob said as he walked into the room.

You've got to be kidding me

"What?" I asked, in a low voice.

"You don't have a mom anymore," he continued

I sat up, "what?"

"I kicked her out, she constantly tells me how you and your sister are more than worthless brats," He explained "so I kicked her out"

I stayed silent, shocked at the news I had been told.

"Why?" I asked

"I just told you why, idiot," Rob started "You really need to actually go to school,"

"No-" I said "Why do you think me and Maddison are such a disappointment to the family?"

He looked taken back by my question.

"Because-" he started "All you both do is skip school, get bad grade, miss behave, and lots more!" He was practically yelling at this point.

"Well maybe if actually decided to take care of us we would be better!" I yelled back.

Before he could even respond, I grabbed my phone and hoodie, stood up and walked past him. Shoving him out of the way in the process.

"Where are you going?!" He shouted, as I was already half way down the stairs, my hoodie already on.

"Somewhere away from here!" I shouted back, now in tears.

"No your not!" He said as he caught up to me and grabbed my wrist.

I winced but ignored it and focused on getting to Clays house.

"Let go-" I said, trying to pull my arm out of his grasp.

"No, your not leaving this house!"

I didn't talk, but instead used all my strength and pulled my wrist away from him. Once I did, I immediately turned away and ran for the front door. Obviously, I could hear him following me.