The Awakening

It was happening again. The nightmare.

"You came back", he grabbed my face. He was covered in blood, "I've missed you."

The saw, the arm, the blood, my scream.

I can't breathe.

••••

I woke up screaming, "Draco!"

My vision was foggy and my head pounded. I was breathing quickly and felt really strange.

I looked down and saw the blankets. They weren't mine, not Luna's or Draco's or the Twins'. I went to get up but my body was too tired. I looked at my arm. There was an IV in it. I heard the monitor beeping indicating my pulse. I held up my hand to my nose, there was oxygen hooked to it.

This isn't the infirmary. I'm not at Hogwarts.

A wave of panic surged over me.

No, no this can't be happening.

I started freaking out. I sat up and tore out my IV.

"I've got to get back", I whispered and tried to get up. My legs were awfully weak.

"Look she's awake!", I hear my mom call from outside the hospital room. Her and Dad barged in and wrapped their arms around me.

She was crying and kissing my forehead.

My Dad looked at me concerned but relieved.

"Doctors she's awake, my baby is awake!", she screamed out happily.

The Doctor walked through the door and we all looked up at her.

"Okay okay", she said happily, "Let's give her some space."

I sat on the edge of the bed confused and heartbroken.

"Let's put your IV back in", she said calmly and laid me back down.

"No no I'm fine", I said calmly.

"You need rest dear", she said with a warm smile.

"I have to go back", I said softly.

She looked at me confused. "It's alright honey you'll be home soon, just a bit more of rest and some tests and you will be all set."

I looked over at my Mom who was now sitting in the chair with a tissue pressed against her face.

She grabbed my hand and squeezed it.

"I'll let you catch up", the Doctor said with a smile, "I'll go get her some food to get energized."

She left and shut the door.

My Dad looked at me warmly.

"We were so worried darling", Mom said and her squeeze tightened even more.

"We're glad you're okay", Dad said with tears in his eyes.

"What happened?", I said softly.

They looked at each other slowly. "You were in a coma for three days", Mom said softly.

"Three days?", I said with a frown. I was at Hogwarts for nearly two months.