His Good Mark

Draco's POV:

I walked down the street and saw the cop lights flicker in the distance.

Not again, I thought as I saw the shattered window and walked through the doorway. Martha's door was open and two officers had notepads out listening to every word.

"Yes a girl...kicked a rock...at my window", her annoying voice became muffled in the distance as I walked up the stairs. I turned the corner and opened the door.

I walked in to see Iverson leaning against the counter and a girl sitting in the stool at the island. Her long dark hair swung past her waist and her feet pointed toward each other against the stool bar.

My gut dropped. She almost reminded me of-

She swung around and I dropped the bag in my hand.

"Rashana", I said in disbelief and walked toward her. She leapt up and jumped into my arms. I swung her around and held her tighter than I ever had before.

I set her down and kept holding her. I swayed her back and forth and pressed my cheek against the top of her head. It felt like my heart was stitching itself back up. I pulled away and looked at her big green eyes. I felt the tears swelling up in my eyes.

"Rashana", I repeated and my voice cracked. She let out a huge smile and grabbed my face.

"I'm back", she whispered, "I came back", she pulled my face in and kissed me. I wrapped my arm around her waist and held her tight against me.

I felt my soul return to my body. The emptiness that I had been experiencing for the past month was fleeing from me and the first hint of warmth and happiness seeped in.

I couldn't believe that it was real. It was too good, too perfect. I pulled away and looked at her again. The tears were swelling up her eyes and I wiped them away.

"I missed you so much", I whispered and put my forehead against hers.

I didn't want to let go.

Rashana's POV:

I didn't want him to let go.

I couldn't explain in words the feeling that I was feeling right now. It felt like I had been given a drug after months of withdrawal.

"Okay you two lovebirds", Iverson said by the counter.

He startled me, I had completely forgotten that he was there.

"Weird seeing you all sappy and smiling Malfoy", he said with a scoff. "Anyway I think I'll go for a walk."

He looked at us with a firm nod and walked passed us and out the door.

Draco let out a laugh and wiped away one of his tears.

"Fuck I told myself I wasn't going to cry", he said with a frown.

"It's been a month", I said softly, "You probably
thought I was dead, you can show any and all sort of emotion right now", I said wiping my tears too.

"I never thought you were dead", he said softly and looked at the ground, "If I did I wouldn't be here", his face dropped.

"Hey", I said and looked up at him, "I'm here now."

He looked up and smiled, "I know and I can't even believe it", he picked me up and twirled me around, "Cmon lets go sit we have a lot to catch up on."

He grabbed a throw blanket and wrapped it around us as we sat down in front of the fire place. I put my legs over him and leaned my head against his chest. His rapid heartbeat pressed against my ear, it was better than any song I had ever heard.