Chapter 27

POV: Scott (Original)
I was going to try again. I had to. I owed it to Mitch, who spent his night sobbing himself to sleep because of me.

Scott sat on the couch, watching as the other members of Pentatonix were warming their voices up. He stared at each member, more awed with every second of hearing the group sing so effortlessly.

"You want to try?" Kirstie asked Scott. She sat down beside him and held her hand out. He smiled and shook his head, causing her to frown a little.

"That's alright. You guys are amazing," he said.
Um, yeah. Someone needs to tell him thats he's sorta kinda a part of that amazing group.

Three steps, and then inside the monster. This had to come to an end.
I made sure to think about all the beautiful people in my life.
Kirstie and her beautiful new hair color, along with her brilliant personality and amazing voice.
Kevin with his huge heart, and his amazing beatbox that sounds like a robot.
Avi with his amazing bass voice, and his humor that can make anybody laugh at any time of day.
Mitch. Mitch with loving arms and his beautiful voice.
Mitch, with his personality and his comfort.
Mitch, who did nothing to deserve getting a job as a babysitter.
The boy who I have loved from the moment I met him.
"Okay. Well, you can sit there and be amazed some more," Kevin said, pointing at Scott. He chuckled when they began "Love Again."
This was going to happen now.
I charged into the the mighty beast, and light flooded everything.
-
I was back somewhere familiar. There was no color on the walls of the endless room. There were no people around.

No people that is, except for an old man sitting on a bench in white robes.
I could only see him from the back, but I could instantly place him based on all our surroundings being just like they were before.

"Welcome. You have made it to phase 2. Now convince me to let you live," the man said quietly.

Stage 2. Now I just needed to talk about the band and about Mitch, and I had to make it meaningful.
And if that was all it took, I could go home here.
And maybe in my own body, to.
-