Chapter 9

Taylor began that night's meal prep hoping she'd have everything finished by the time Happy arrived. That night she decided on making them some chicken fried steaks, fried okra, corn on the cob, and cornbread. While she was in the kitchen, Tig and Chibs were still discussing what Happy had confessed. It took Chibs off guard that Happy was so open with how he was feeling. Even if it was only on how to deal with the young woman. Tig asked his brother if he really thought Happy would ink her since she was technically his 'ol lady and the Scot just laughed. "O' course, he will!" Chibs stated with a wide grin.

There was a party happening that night, as it was a Friday night, and crow eaters had already started showing up. Taylor was too busy in the kitchen to notice, or care, since her only goal was to have dinner done by the time Happy arrived back at the clubhouse. She remembered the times her father had belittled her for "not having dinner done on time" and she was sure she wouldn't be able to stand the punishment Happy would surely dole out if she were late. Drinks were beginning to flow in the clubhouse, music was playing, and a lot bikers were beginning to arrive.

"Hey Doll, whatcha making?" Tig asked as he entered the kitchen with Chibs.

The intrusion startled her and she nearly dropped a steak. Tig chuckled at her as he eyed her small frame up.

"Chicken fried steaks, fried okra, corn on the cob, and cornbread." She replied, eyes only making it to his chest.

"Sounds wonderful, lass!" Chibs encouraged her.

"Thank you." She stated.

"Happy and Jax should be back anytime. I'll let him know you've already got dinner going." Tig stated before he and Chibs left the kitchen.

She sighed with relief at being left alone again. Taylor could only cook so many steaks at a time since she had to work with what they had in the kitchen. She had two skillets for the steaks and one for the okra she was frying. There was a platter for steaks on the counter and one for the okra. She made two glass pans of cornbread and had them in the oven to bake. The corn would be the last to be made since it was just a matter of opening up the package and boiling the corn till they were hot.

Happy and Jax finally returned from their club business. As soon as they'd entered the clubhouse, Jax went to find Bobby to let him know how things had gone down. Tig waved Happy over to where he was sitting with Chibs. When the assassin made it to their table, he sat down and waved a prospect over to bring him a beer. Happy let the pair know how things had gone down and that everything was good for the time being.

"Your 'ol lady is already in the kitchen cooking dinner, Hap." Tig explained, "Chicken fried steaks, corn on the cob, fried okra, and I think she said cornbread."

"Ok." Happy just stated before taking a swig of his beer.

"You need to encourage the girl a little more. She won't make eye contact with people. We walked in and she nearly jumped out of her skin when we made ourselves known." Tig chuckled at the end.

Happy sighed, "The girl's had a shitty life, brother. I just don't know how to undo the damage that's been done to her. She's broken."

"She's yer 'ol lady, Happy, every little bit o' encouragement comin' from you 'elps. Talk kind t' 'er."Chibs added his thoughts into the conversation.

Happy sighed again. He never wanted an 'ol lady. And the one he did get was completely broken. Happy glanced towards the kitchen. He still needed to come up with a design for her tattoo. A couple of the bikers had gotten into the ring already so quite a few bikers walked out to watch the fight. Jax sat with Bobby talking about Taylor and how she had been doing. The FO thought she was still feeling out of place but seemed to like cooking for them. The blond biker leader just nodded his head.