Chapter 6

Once he'd left, she let out the breath she'd been holding then got back to her salsa. It was her grandmother's recipe and she hoped these bikers would enjoy it. Right as she finished with that, the oven dinged. Taking a few deep breaths, she moved back to the oven to take out the two pans of enchiladas and set them on top of the stove. The cheese had melted to perfection making her smile. She took out a bag of restaurant-style chips and set them on the counter next to the salsa before getting plates and silverware out of the cabinets.

Her father always made her eat last so she figured the bald one would be the same. She cautiously left the kitchen and looked around. He was sitting at a table with the one whose room she slept in the previous night. There were several other bikers scattered around but she only needed to talk to him. Chibs looked up and gave her a warm smile as she approached the table.

"What?" Happy growled at her.

"Dinner's done." She quietly stated.

"Oh. Ok." Happy said, "Go fix yourself a plate."

She walked back into the kitchen wondering why he told her to fix herself a plate first. As she was getting two enchiladas, she heard him loudly exclaim that food had been prepared for them and to come eat. She took some chips and was getting some salsa when Chibs and the other young man from earlier entered the kitchen. "Smells goo' in 'ere, lass." Chibs told her making her smile shyly at him. She went to have a seat next to the bald one.

Chibs sat down with a plate making her very nervous at how he was going to react. This was her first time cooking for these people. They would either love it or hate it. If they hated it, she was sure the angry, bald one would be yelling at her later for doing such a poor job. As soon as he'd taken a bite, he began to moan. "Dis is so good, Hap. Fix ye a plate!" he told the Killah. She let out a little sigh hearing someone enjoyed her cooking.

Quinn, Juice, Opie, and Happy soon got up to make themselves plates. The one she was really nervous about liking her food would soon be back at their table. Quinn and Opie had seats back at the bar, Juice sat back with his computer, while Happy sat back down where he'd been before talking with Chibs. She'd glance over at him from time to time. He was eating but never said anything. Once Happy was done eating, he yelled for the prospect to come take their plates. "Go back to our room." he instructed her.

"Ya need t' be a little kinder t' tha lass, Hap. I think ye frighten 'er a bit." Chibs told his friend as he watched her briskly walk towards the dorms.

"You know I don't want to be saddled with her. She's just a burden." Happy took a sip of his beer.

"But she's yer responsibility whether ya like it or not. Be kinder to tha lass. Who knows wha' all she's been through before we came along an took 'er." Chibs advised.

Happy glanced down towards the dorms and sighed. He was never going to get rid of this girl and didn't know how to deal with her. The Tacoma Killah had a few more drinks after dinner before finally deciding to head off to his room. Entering his dorm, he sniffed. The room smelled almost sweet. She was already in bed and asleep when he arrived. Looking closer, he could tell her hair was still slightly damp from her shower.

He stripped down and crawled into bed, rolling onto his side with his back to her. It annoyed him having to share his room but he was thankful she didn't leave a mess like he figured she would. The girl hadn't even unpacked her belongings yet! He sighed not understanding why he was still thinking of this girl when he was trying to go to sleep. They had some club business to take care of the following day and he needed to be on top of his game.

When he awoke the next morning, he noticed she was gone. He dressed quickly and walked out to the clubhouse. She was busy fluttering around the kitchen preparing breakfast. He stood in the doorway and watched as she would briefly stand at the stove tending to the two skillets that were there then over to the counter then back to the stove. Plates, coffee mugs, and silverware had already been brought out.

He noted the sink full of clean dishes, most likely from the previous night, sitting in the strainer to dry. She didn't seem to take note of anything around her except the task at hand. It wasn't until she turned around to grab the glass of OJ on the counter did she finally notice him.

"What are you doing?" His deep voice made her shiver.

"I...I thought you needed breakfast." She swallowed hoping she hadn't stepped over the line.

"What are you making?" He inquired.

"Scrambled eggs, bacon and toast." She was unable to look him in the eye, "Coffee is made as well."

"Smell's wonderful in 'ere, lass!" Chibs squeezed past Happy, "Excellent! Der's coffee made!"

"Come get me when it's done." Happy told her.

"Don' let 'im frighten ya, lass. 'e's not used to havin' someone depend on 'im like you do. 'e'll come around soon enough." Chibs tried to cheer her up, "You're an excellent cook, though. Even if 'e never tells ya."

"Thank you." She quietly replied before turning back to her eggs and bacon.

She pulled the large skillet of scrambled eggs off the stove and set them to the side. All the toast was nearly done. The bacon was nearly finished and sizzling nicely in the skillet. Quinn walked into the kitchen to grab a cup of coffee. He frightened her too and she stayed still at the stove until he left the kitchen. "Your 'ol lady is so skittish, Hap." Quinn told the assassin who just shrugged. He didn't know what to say about it or even what to do to make her less skittish. "Happy, ya need t' sit down an' 'ave a talk wit 'er. Get t' know 'er and some about 'ow she grew up. Make 'er a bit more at ease wit ya and us." Chibs offered before taking a sip of his coffee.

The killer just grunted. A few minutes later, she walked out of the kitchen and over to the table he was sitting at. "Breakfast is ready." she just stared at his chest. He told her to go make herself a plate and he'd call everyone to breakfast. Chibs watched as she scurried back in to the kitchen. She quickly made a plate, refilled her glass of OJ, and walked out of the kitchen. There were already three people sitting at the table so she opted to just sit at the bar. He clearly didn't want her near him so she'd sit away from him this time.

A/N: Please review and vote below.