Chapter 25

Between the prospects and the 'ol ladies, the clubhouse was almost as good as new and spic & span clean. The bikers had been gone all day and it was really starting to worry Taylor. Gemma finally decided it was time to make dinner. There were still bikers, women, and children at the clubhouse to feed. Taylor sighed as she followed the Queen into the kitchen. 'I sure hope Happy and the rest are ok!' she thought as stood there waiting on instructions from Gemma.

"Ok. Peel some potatoes then chop them into cubes, Lyla. Taylor, slice up some carrots in about a quarter inch thick slices and then slice some onions." Gemma instructed the pair.

Both women got on their tasks as the Queen prepared the meat. The trio of women were working on dinner when the 'ol lady from that morning walked into the kitchen to fetch a bottle of water. Taylor just looked at her as she stood there watching them work. It was starting to irritate Taylor and she couldn't contain herself.

"Do you need something or do you get off on watching others' work?" Taylor spat making Gemma turn around.

"I'm surprised you can work without your 'ol man all over you." The woman shot back.

"Jealous of who my 'ol man is?" Taylor asked as she set her knife down.

"Pfft. Why would I be?" The woman crossed her arms over her chest.

Gemma and Lyla stood there as the two women went back and forth.

"Because he's a very feared man in this club. Maybe yours is just some low-life biker." Taylor stated making Gemma smirk.

It was rather cute to the Queen how she spoke so highly of Happy. Especially in the regards of him being an assassin for the club.

"James is not some 'low life biker'!" The woman hissed.

"Really? How come I've never heard of him? Everyone's heard of my 'ol man. And everyone fears him." Taylor smirked.

"I've never heard of your either so there." The woman stated.

"You've never heard of Happy Lowman?" Lyla interjected with raised eyebrows.

"Happy Lowman? You mean... the Tacoma Killah?" The woman's eyes widened.

"That's right." Taylor smirked again.

The woman couldn't say anything else so she quickly turned on her heel and left the kitchen.

"Good for you, sweetheart. You need to command respect, even if it's from the other 'ol ladies. Don't be afraid to assert your dominance when needed." Gemma told her.

"I don't like that woman." Taylor stated making Gemma chuckle slightly.

Lyla asked how many more potatoes she needed to peel so Gemma told her. They were making a big meal for a lot of people. They continued to work until Lyla and Taylor had chopped enough veggies to fill two crock pots. The Queen put some beef broth in there and turned them both on to high. She continued with the meat making sure it got done enough but was still tender and juicy. When everything was nearly done, she had Taylor put in two pans of rolls in the oven to bake. Lyla got the paper plates and plastic ware down.

The bikers still hadn't returned by the time Gemma was calling everyone to eat. The women made their children plates before getting one for themselves. The remaining bikers waited for the women and children to finish in the kitchen before making a line to get their own food. Taylor and Gemma were sitting together eating and talking. The Queen was happy that the younger woman was finally starting to show enough self-esteem and self-respect to not let people push her around.

Everyone had finished eating, quite a few of the women had given their children baths already, and most folks were just sitting around the clubhouse chatting with others when the bikers returned. The entire group looked like they'd gotten into one hell of a fight. Taylor gasped when she saw how beat up her 'ol man looked. Jax walked over and kissed his mother's cheek. "Hopefully the lockdown will be able to be lifted by tomorrow afternoon. We'll have to see how things go." Jax told them. Gemma just nodded and said dinner was ready and waiting on them.