Chapter 10

He left to head back out with his brothers and to have a few more drinks. She changed into her pajamas and laid down to watch a movie before going to bed. She was already asleep by the time he came in to head to bed. As usual, he stripped down to his boxers and just climbed into bed. He rolled onto his side with his back towards her and drifted off into sleep. When he awoke the next morning, she was gone but the smell of her fresh out of the shower hung in the air. It was an almost sweet smell and one he wasn't sure he was ever going to get used to.

Upon getting dressed and heading out into the main room, he found Chibs sitting at a table nursing a cup of coffee by himself. The pair greeted one another. The Scotsman informed the assassin that his 'ol lady was already making breakfast. Happy gave a half smile figuring that was where she was at. Upon hearing Chibs talking to someone, Taylor left the kitchen with a steaming cup of coffee. Happy looked the young woman up and down not used to seeing her in anything but raggedly clothes. He figured Gemma had something to do with what she'd picked out.

"Hey little girl?" Happy called out as she headed back into the kitchen making her stop and slowly turn around, "You look good today

"Hey little girl?" Happy called out as she headed back into the kitchen making her stop and slowly turn around, "You look good today."

She just stared at him as her face flushed from the compliment. Chibs just smiled at her before she nodded slightly and made her way back into the kitchen.

"Ye'll make a goo' 'ol man, Hap." Chibs told his brother.

"I don't know." Happy quietly stated.

"Ye don' give yerself enough credit." Chibs said.

She couldn't believe he actually told her she looked good. He didn't compliment often, she figured, so this was a big deal. Was he trying to make her feel better about the situation? She'd been with him for several days now. Sighing as she flipped her pancakes, she knew it wouldn't do her any good to dwell on things. He would either be nice to her or he would treat her like her dad did. Besides, no matter what Gemma said, he was the man in their relationship and what he said was the law.

Biscuits were in the oven baking. Pan sausage was in several skillets frying. Pancakes were nearly done. She was getting plates and silverware out for everyone when he came into the kitchen to refill his coffee cup. "I mean what I said. You look good. Better than the ratty clothes you normally wear." he told her making her look down, "You should be dressing better if you're my 'ol lady. I don't want people thinking I mistreat you." She looked up at him in surprise.

"Gemma wants me to work in the office with her. Is...is that ok?" She suddenly asked taking him off guard, "I'll keep making breakfast and dinner everyday."

"Yeah. That's fine." He stated before leaving the kitchen.

She sighed with relief before turning back to her pancakes and sausages. Gemma arrived and walked straight into the clubhouse. She eyed Chibs and Happy sitting together drinking coffee. She walked over and told Happy she wanted Taylor working in the office with her. She offered to pay the girl minimum wage for her efforts so that the girl had some spending money of her own. Happy told the Queen Taylor had to cook breakfast every morning and dinner every night but after breakfast, he'd make sure she got to work with Gemma.