nearer

Lost in my dreamy thoughts, I wander to the world I couldn't actually have, the urge to have a taste of something forbidden is so sweet and I'm aching to fill that hole of emptiness

BANG! BANG! BANG!

The loud knocking sound at the door  cuts me off from my dreamy state.

"Get up now or you will be late. I've been calling you for the past 30min. yet you still don't move, don't come whining to me if you lost this chance to have a work coz you can't bring your lazy ass to wake up early" my mother hollered before disappearing back downstairs.

"Coming" I call out back in a sleepy tone and bring my sleepy ass out of bed.

Today is my interview and my excitement don't give me the luxury to have a good night sleep last night, sleep took me at 3AM, giving me atleast 3hrs. of sleep. That's why I'm still in dreamland 1hour before my interview and I have to travel 30min. more or less to get there by bus.

"Urg!" on a haste I take a bath at record time speed, first ever. Put on the dress I prepared specifically for this purpose, apply minimum make up and run downstairs to just automatically go out the front door but not without calling out to mom goodbye before rushing out.

------------------------------------

Reaching at the establishment where my interview is, I'm out of breath coz I run from across the street where the bus stop is, try it on heels and you'll understand what I mean.

I'm 2 minutes away from schedule but I still have to find the room where this panel interview takes place.

"arrg! ahh!" I huff and puff while approaching the reception, I state my purpose and the receptionist told me I'm on last batch of interviewee.

Feeling of relief wash over me as I seated myself at the lounge while waiting for my turn to be called in.

At least I don't need to go further for the interview is here at the first floor and I can compose myself after the rushed morning I had.

Actually all are being rushed this previous two days that passed, the coming back home, the job opening and this interview.

I don't like being unprepared but this is matter out of my hold just like any other things that's not my personal dealings. Here I'm an aspiring chef and I need to act like one.

As hours passed by, batch by batch I watched as all interviewee get in to the room where the interview takes place and out to the exit to go wherever their next stop is.

The feeling of anxiousness slowly took over me as I watched them, the adrenaline I have the previous hour of coming here in a rush is completely replace by anxiety and lets include hunger, the needed breakfast that had been forgotten is taking effect now and I just can't leave for any minute by now it would be our turn.

This is my first ever interview after graduation, taking my dream course of culinary and making it happen step by step is reviving me from depression. And I don't want to go back where I've been, this is my fresh start and it would be damn if I ruin it just because of hunger.

And then there’s this feeling deep within me that crawling out, wanting to be let go, that I can’t decipher where it comes from and I’m pushing it back into my deepest self. What’s in this building that makes me antsy? I’m not usually like this, I definitely not an easy one to get nervous for I know my capacity. I have this feeling that this is not about the job and I’ve been looking around for a clue but I got nothing.

"Last batch." A woman in black pencil and black coat called out.

That's my cue along with four other interviewee to get in to the room

That's my cue along with four other interviewee to get in to the room. As I enter the room two gentlemen and two ladies are seated at a long table, three of them look up to scrutinize each of us five but the one at the left didn't even bother to look up and continue to tap at his laptop whatever he is doing.

We've been ask to introduce ourselves from right to left, I'm at the middle and I did as what the others do.

"Lynn Jasmine" as I say my name the tapping on the keyboard stop, all head turn to the man at the left but he never lift his head to look up, so the one beside him starts to proceed questioning us randomly, the other two followed his lead

Who the hell is he? My curious self asks. Why come here when he's not interested to know the interviewee? Is he just a tech guy?

Within the duration of the interview the man at the left keep his head bow down and I can see at the side view that his eyes are closed, I keep peeking at him while others answer the question thrown at them but the sunlight from the window facing the man obstruct me from fully seeing his face's side feature.

As we are told to wait for the call by the end of the day to inform us the result of the selection, I took one last glance to the man as I'm standing and making my way out the door, he resembles someone, a specific someone but I can't confirm it for he is facing down.

Walking at the hallway, I listen to my co-applicant chat when I hear my name called from behind, I stop.

Who could that be? I not sure I know someone from here. I ask myself.

"Lynn" the call come again and I slowly turn towards it then look up.

The man from a room so handsome in a suit came rushing towards me.

"Baby it's you." In an instant I am envelop in strong arm and hard chest, I stilled in place and my face contorts for memories come flooding.

That voice, I could never forget it, it's haunting me every possible time it could.

Zack. It's him.

********************

Loving the story so far?

Then leave your comments in your designated answer.

YES

NO

SHRUGGING

If it's that hard to leave me a comments then try pressing the star below to give me VOTES.

That would be much appreciated.

💌 Author: dhenz4dhabz8 💌