her

Lynn’s POV

The moment Luis talks about party to celebrate our engagement, I realize that Zack as a prominent businessman on his field, needs to throw one for his business associates and employees to formally announce our engagement just like every important person does but I am not ready to face a big crowd and knowing him he will do as I say in this matter.

So I opted to have a small gathering of his friends and mine to test the water first.

This leads me to think of meeting Jenny for the first time after four years, she is my only close friend, even she did that to me I never had a chance to talk to her.

The men I asked to send my invite is also tasked to dig her background a little for me to be ready on what to expect of her.

The confirmation I received from them includes a file containing her recent info.

I didn’t look at it immediately. I must not let it interrupt our lunch together.

“You sure about this party tonight?” Zack’s worried voice makes me smile.

“Yes! Don’t worry, everything is prepared and this is my way of preparing myself to face your people.”

“I don’t need to subject our engagement for their approval. Fuck them, I don’t care what they will have to say about it, they’re opinion isn’t needed on the matter. All I need is you being comfortable with us don’t burden yourself with unimportant individuals.”

His statements clearly tell that it’s gonna be fine without the party and all, just as I thought. But that would be unfair to him, this is his world and I need to adjust to it.

“Mr. Right, I beg to disagree, you’re an important figure in your business so all individual associated to you in the field needs your confirmation to avoid unnecessary rumors. Us commoners don’t need for the extravagant announcement but you on the other hand needs one, just let me cope with it first on my own way before the big event. Now let’s finish our lunch.” I have to make it clear to him that I’ll be fine.

“These  shouldn’t be the matter your concerning now. Fuck Luis for bringing this up, ruining my plan for us in the office.”

“haha.. Is that all your thinking?”

“Yeah! All I can think is to ravish you.”

“Don‘t we have had enough?”

“Baby, when it comes to you I can’t get enough.”

A knock on his office door cuts him from his attempts to do me as his dessert, making his face contorts in displeasure.

“Come in.” His voice clearly evident of irritation when he calls out.

“Oh! Did I interrupt something?” Luis comes in with a big smile plastered on his face, taunting Zack more.

“Clearly. Now, what is it?” Wanting to dismiss him right away, Zack asks directly.

“Huh! Bro, am I cock blocking you?” Luis taunt him more, smiling coyly. “I got the final number for tonight, 20-30 person, that’s the best I can come up on small scale party.” He added addressing me. “You fine with it?”

“I will be.” I already guess that ten is impossible for Luis to maintain on the list.

“Fantastic.” After saying that Luis leaves us.

Seeing Zack gets up and walk back to his table, I look up Jenny’s info through my phone, I’m shocked.

Learning she had a three year old son from rape and is now living with him in a small cottage at the same address from four years. Working at a café and never finish college.

My eyes instantly water as a picture of her and her son display on my screen. They are both smiling for each other, happiness radiates from them.

If I didn’t have miscarriage, my baby would also be as big as him.

Zack is back at my side the instant he sees me crying.

“What happened?” He asks and I just hand him my phone and side hug him for comfort.

After a while, I say; “Our baby is probably like his age if I didn’t lost it.”

“No. Stop. Don’t go there, baby. We can always have one, when your ready.” His soothing voice came, hugging me back, giving me the comfort I need.

Cleaning my face free of tears by his thumbs.

“I want to meet them both.” I plead to him, sincerely looking at him for his approval.

He nods in understanding.

“I will send someone to pick them for tonight and let them stay at one of our hotel room.”

“Thank you babe.”

“No worries, now go to our penthouse and take a rest, let our personnel do the preparation.”

“hmmm” I agree to him without a fight before kissing him and leave.

Lying on the bed, I rub my toned stomach, I haven’t even fell my baby move in it before it’s taken from me.

Seeing Jenny and her boy smiling so happily makes me wonder to what I have become if I also got my child now.

Maybe, I haven’t finish college

Maybe, I haven’t finish college. I study culinary coz I love to cook and I made it. I still got no name in the industry but I want to make one.

My application as a chef here is supposed to be my first step but fate has its own plan for me. Meeting Zack again is unexpected, the more his actions.

Living the life as a student and guidance under the Agency leaves no room for friends, even during that time I merely contact my own family, not wanting them to be in danger because of me.

I envy her. I want to have my own children. Am I ready though?

TING...TONG…. TING...TONG…

The chime of the elevator coming to a stop in the floor echoes in the air, who could be here?

Zack? It’s still working hours. Yet, he’s the boss so possibly it’s him.

“Jay, baby, don’t go running around, you’ll break things, please behave.” A hushed voice from the lounge seeps into the bedroom making me sit up from the bed.

“It seems no one is here, mommy.” A small voice said.

That makes me make my way in a rush to the bedroom door and open it.

“LYYNNNNN..” The scream comes after I emerge from the bedroom door.

It's her. Jenny.

*******
A/N:

Babies, what do you think of my book so far?

Negative:
a.Boring?
b.Nonsense?
c.Waste of time?
d.Readable?

Positive:
a.Just so-so
b.Like it
c.Love it
d.Great

Whatever your answer is, please let me know it. Leave your comments.😉

😘

dhenz4dhabz8