more secrets reveal

Zack's POV

"Let's get you food" I shift her body beside me and stand up, I walk inside my walk in closet and when I came out I'm on a gray jogger, a white v-neck tee on my hand that I put on to her which is sitting at the foot of the bed.

I hold her hand while we make our way out of my room and to the kitchen.

"Sit" I deposited her at a chair before going to the fridge and look for something easy to prepare.

I take a box of orang juice and put it at the top of the counter, then get a glass from the cupboard and fill it with some OJ before turning back to her and placing it infront of her. Before returning to the fridge again, I take a look at the watch on my wrist, it said 12:10 at noon.

"It's past twelve already, time flies so fast with you" I said before going back to pulling out items I need to prepare food for us.

"Let me." a small hand take the vegetables away from my hand "you cut the meat" we both fall into the team work we used to do back then.

And while doing so, every so often, at any chance we have we touch each other gently or lean a little on each others body. Giving each other a hearty smile before continuing to prepare the food.

We come up with a simple dish chicken curry with rice and lots of vegetables on the side.

Facing each other on the table, having a meal together in silence, feeling the bliss of togetherness

"Tell me all what happen to you for this last four years, what's keeping you away?" I ask gently while taking a bite, looking her eye to eye.

She swallow hard but not because of food in her mouth, it's her way to aliviate the tense she feel, then look down to put her focus on her food giving the impression as if she don't want to talk.

"I-I hmm" she stutter, not looking back at me "just got out of college and looking for a job."

Her not looking at me directly saying those is telling me something is hidden. She want to avoid it.

I continue to eat, so as she, in silent. But my observant eye never leaves her, still not meeting my eye is keeping a secret to me. As I can see she's finish, I put down my utensils and clasp both my hands while putting both my elbow at the table.

"Are you with someone? you married?" my question bring her widen eyes back to me.

"No" she answer instantly.

"Good coz I'll be damn if you are, now spill it before I make you, no more secrets baby." I seriously state.

"ah-mm Zack" she shift uncomfortably before saying "I got" taking a big gulp of juice from her glass before continuing "pregnant, the first time we ahm" now looking straight to me she finally say.

My eyes widen at this other revelation, my mouth open and close like a fish taken out of water, not knowing what to say in a minute or two just looking to her.

"Mine?" I finally find my voice but it came out as a whisper.

She just slowly nod and I can see tears making her eyes watery "yes" she mouthed with out a sound to confirm it.

Silence fall between us, both drown in each others thought and assessing each others action.

"I'm sorry I don't have the guts to tell you, after I learn of it."she softly said "at it's early stage of my second trimester I gotten gravely sick, high fever and all" tears now freely flowing at her cheek, facing down her both hands clutch the hem of my shirt that hiked up her mid thigh, crumpling it again and again.

I stand up and come to stand in front of her, coming to her level I kneel on one knee while scrunching my back, shifting her on her chair to face me.
I wipe her tear stricken face by both palm in each others side, she's now full on sobbing, and come to hug my head tightly to her breast and bury her face at my messy hair.

"I lost our baby" her whisper on my neck almost come unheard, distracted by her heaving breast against my face.

********************

You've been distracted by her breast twice in this chapter Zack, what's the size of it man?

Gotta be that delicious looking papaya  huh!

Since the reason of her disappearance is revealed, what could possibly happen to that girl who cause their distance?

Suggestions

💌dhenz4dhabz8💌

VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW
SHARE

don't forget to press the star below😘