mysterious

Zack’s POV

“Watch out where you go next time.” I seriously state looking down at her. “When we get back to the city, be watchful at all times, no room for heedlessness.” I sternly instruct her.

“Aye! Aye! Sir.” She answers enthusiastically, as if what’s happening doesn’t bother her.

I take her hand in mine and we made our way outside where my security team is waiting for us.

Three black SUV are parked in front of the lake house. The head of my security team immediately meets us at the front door.

“Sir!” Giving his recognition he nods at me, ready for instructions, he follow us to the car.

“I’ll drive and try to make your selves invisible, I want to lure these motherfuckers into their death beds, maintain distance, just stay alert and always wait for my command.” I instruct him right away before opening the car’s door for my baby to get in.

I head to the driver’s side, get in and put on her seat belt for her before turning the engine on. “I’m sorry to cut our vacation short.” I told her as I put the car into drive, pulling away from the lake house.

“Its fine, this is important so don’t worry, I’m fine.” She instantly bite back then put the radio on, she connected her phone to it and search for a song. The love song, We Belong Together, airs that we both soon singing along, actually I’m just humming with the tune and she’s belting it. We used do this before.

Laugher soon filled the air after the song ends for we both know her singing ability is below outstanding, and in the past, we always make fun out of it, but even though that doesn’t hinder her to sing like a diva, we just laugh it out after.

Seeing her take the situation like a normal occurrence in her daily life brought calmness in me. The news about my parent’s sudden attack rocked me to the core. And knowing that I’m putting my girl in danger makes me waver, being with me entails danger because I have lots of business rival who wants me down, I want her unharmed and safe.

The only way to do so is not letting her by herself, she must always be with me, I’m afraid she will disagree to me but I need to let her know whether she likes it or not.

“You will be staying with me.” I command her, not open for discussion, it’s now or never I got to tell her sooner and now is the right time, after the laugh we shared the atmosphere is cool.

“I know.” She simply said and turns her body sideways looking back at the bag of food she packed earlier, seeing it at the floor a distance she can reach. She reached for it and takes a pack of chips out then sits back properly and tore open the pack.

I’m taken back by her cool demeanor towards all of this. She never seems worry. Normal girls would be hysterical. She’s making me wary, what she’s up to?

“On your right, blue SUV, don’t slow down, maintain our speed.” She just calmly state and continues to eat her chips.

Looking at my right through the side mirror while maintaining speed, a blue SUV is tailing on us. At the back of it another car is gaining at us also.

I look at her and she’s still calmly eating her chips, turning sideway to reach for a drink, scanning all her option, staying on that position a little longer then sit back and open the bottle cap to gulp her apple iced tea drink.
How come she’s still calm? She even manages to locate enemy and danger easily. She seems different now, but good different.

“Please take a stop at a nearest gas station, I need to pee.” She asked nicely, taking away my concentration on the road and the car tailing us, I look back at her and see that the bottle is empty and the pack of chips is gone.

What the hell is wrong with her? She knows that someone is tailing us and she wants to make a stop? Am I hearing it right? I’m confused now. I want to catch those mother fucker but I don’t want to stop, it’s too risky coz I can’t guarantee her safety if they can get to us.

“Please I can’t hold it in any longer.” She pleads and wiggles at her seat.

“Damn drinks. Damn mother fucker. Damn her.” I’m swearing inside my head.

A gas station comes in my view and I signal to take a left turn, I didn’t contact my team, I know they saw what’s happening and I vouch on their readiness, alertness and agility. They have been with me for 3years now and they always meet my expectation.

I slow down, turn left and pull to a stop at the side of the convenient store in the gas station. Turning the engine off, I see in my peripheral vision, Lynn pull a scrunches from her wrist and put up her hair in a messy bun, then up her hoodie to cover it.

Getting out for the SUV, I hastily walk-run to her side after shutting my door, opening her door for her, she jumped out of the car and automatically run for the restroom. I just shake my head in her antics.

I followed her after shutting the door and locking it. While doing so, I see the blue SUV parked at the gas pump. I turn around acting as if I’m not minding my surrounding and walk after her to the back part of the building where the arrow points saying CR.

When I get inside it, I heard a stall door shut then in a minute a toilet flushed. I’m leaning in the wall near the open door. Judging by the looks of it this is a common comfort room I can’t see any sign saying her/him or she/he or male/female.

Before Lynn can get out of the stall, with a big heavy stride four men in a suit entered the room, I stand still in place.

Shit! Shit! Shit! I curse in my head. I can’t believe this is happening. She is just around the corner and it makes a knot to form deep in my stomach.

The atmosphere in the room suddenly shifts from dry and gloomy to tense and ominous.

The men stared at me, pinning me to the wall by their intense gaze trying to intimidate me, and standing tall and sure.  We had a staring contest for a minute or two before we are cut out from it by her coming out of the stall.

With a loud bang the stall’s door shut behind her. I gulp hard downing the lump that forms in my throat. In my peripheral vision, she had removed her white hoodie that just left her with just black legging and sports bra on and strutting to the sink, presuming to wash her hands.

What the fuck! I again curse in my head. My eyes instantly surveyed the men’s reaction. Seeing her they stilled in their place.

Lynn then proceeds to wash her hand as if not bothered by the situation, not minding the little crowd we made in the room.

After a while, “Okay gentlemen I would like you to please vacate the room for me. Can’t you all see that a lady is in the room? I need my privacy, so please excuse me. And wait for your turn outside.” She stated her cause as if it’s the most important thing at that moment.

The men move out of the room and that left me dumb founded.

Whoa! What just happened here? I ask myself

“You shouldn’t be in here too mister.” She stated in a matter of fact tone looking at me through the reflection. “Settle the matter outside.” giving me a pointed meaningful look before turning around to get back inside the stall

When I get out of the CR, the four men in suit are tackled on the ground by my own men.

“Boss?” James, my security team leader await for my instruction.

“Bring them to the basement. Did you get the others?” I instruct and inquire in a breath.

A small frame hugged me from behind the moment the statement made.

“Let’s go.” She said in a small voice.

**************
Author’s Note:

Hey guys.

Isn’t she mysterious? What would be the twist and turn of this story?

Please leave your comments. Thanks.

💌 Author: dhenz4dhabz8 💌

VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW
SHARE