Chapter 9

Jimin

It has been 10 minutes since Seokjin requested us to gather in the common room after practice, Kookie as usual was sitting next to him, but he was meddling is phone same as Hobi and Namjoon. We were waiting for Tae and Yoongi Hyung.

I focused on Seokjin, he was looking down fiddling his fingers, his face neutral. He was tensed and his restless legs proved it.

"Hyung" I called him softly, not to scare him.

Despite being the eldest, there was an unspoken vulnerability in his eyes that makes you wonder if he had been always been like this or the recent tragedies in his life made him this way.

My stance had changed from what it was earlier, I didn't want him to join and bring our hard work to the ground after reading the general feedback on our company portal, at the same time I wanted him to be with us.... I sighed, having no idea what to do.

"Hyung" I called a bit louder, "Do you want to wait for them?"

"Yes, Jimina" he said softly, "I need to discuss with you all something and its easier if  everyone is here"

Even before he could finish, they came in. 

Yoongi went directly to sit next to Jin, his choice was clear. 

But Tae walked away and sat by my side, his choice was also clear. I wondered about Hobi and Namjoon Hyung, are they torn like me as well?

"Er..." Seokjin took a deep breath before steadying himself. Kookie looked up and silently threw his arms around Seokjin's back.

"I need to give my decision to Bang PD nim tomorrow" Jin said, while we all continued to look at him in silence, when there was no response he continued "I know I am lacking in many ways, but I really want to be part of you guys.... But I also want to know your opinion."

"Why?" hobi asked him finally

"Because you all have a lot to lose, all your years of training, your dreams... it is all at stake and I don't want to risk it all because of my selfishness" Jin said, looking at Hobi in the eye.

Maybe being eldest and experience in outside world gave him the ability to clearly state his mind.

"Will you turn it down if we say no?" It was Tae this time.

Jin sighed, his eyes teared up a little but he held it back and when he spoke his voice was clear "Yes, I will. But would it be okay to stay in touch, I know it might be hard but I really would like to have you all in my life"

"Nonsense" Kookie jumped in , "you should stay if you want to....." He was shooting daggers at Tae.

"I can't be selfish Kookie, I will be happy if you all stayed in my life as a friend at least" Jin said softly, trying to calm the youngest.

"There is nothing wrong in being selfish" Kookie folded his arms with a pout, "also, what if you join us and we become globally famous? Is it not selfish of you to rob us that chance?"

I chuckled at his argument, but quickly controlled myself when Tae and Namjoon looked in my direction.

"Kookiea..." Jin softly said, "I get it. Am gonna take our opinion as you want me to join your team"

"Me too" Yoongi said, "our single is a hit, people are curious about the vocal.... Of course there will be a lot of negative comment given the history" he quickly looked at Namjoon, "but we have people to put a spin to that story"

A small smile formed on Jin's face, while we were all scared of Yoongi Hyung's temper they both seemed to share a silent bond. It did make me a bit jealous; he has been here only for 4 months now.