Chapter 28

Seokjin

"Until when will you avoid me?" I was startled when Jungkook sat next to me, we have just finished our group practice for new choreography including me for their old songs and the general team mood was slowly getting better.

"I am not" I wiped my face with the towel.

"is that what you keep telling yourself?" Jungkook sighed, "anyways.... I just wanted to let you know something"

I kept my silence, wondering Namjoon had confessed to him already

"am sorry for the way I behaved with you and am just glad that Namjoon didn't really confess to you" he continued, "I don't think I would have stood a chance if he did". He passed on a bottle of water to me, "would I Hyung?"

"Hmm?" I feigned ignorance

"would I have stood a chance with you if Namjoon had really confessed?" Jungkook asked, avoiding looking at me... but I knew he was looking at my reflection, so I kept my head down.

"don't talk non-sense" I said, trying my best to keep my voice from trembling despite my erratic pulse.

"also, I don't agree with what you said to be. It is within your right to turn me down, but you have no right to tell me to stop" Jungkook said softly, his voice contained no malice but just steady conviction.

"You don't know what you are talking about", I was not even sure if my voice was audible, "and you deserve better"

He clicked his tongue but continued "yes, I do... I deserve the best and for that I have to make myself worthy"

With that he got up and walked away before I can comprehend his words.

"Hyung" he called from afar, "we are heading home. Are you going to continue practice?"

"Yes" I said, finally looking at him

"Okay" he smiled, "see at home Hyung"

----

"You okay?" Tae asked as he entered the practice room, I have been avoiding going back to the dorm as much as possible for the fear of seeing Jungkook.

Surprisingly, he seemed to take it well and he was acting as if nothing had happened. 

It would be a lie to say it didn't hurt at all, but then maybe I was delusional thinking maybe Jungkook was interested in me as well.

"Hyung" this time, Tae was screaming in my ears making me jump. He extended a towel, "you can't avoid us forever"

"I am not" I said, but his expression spoke volume

"you are a great actor but a bad liar" he said with a smile, "I don't know how that is even possible"

"I.. .er..." I gave up explaining, "what do you want?"

"I am going back home... you want to join?" he asked, "it is so boring without your lame jokes, and I miss your cooking"

"yah... my jokes are not lame" I defended, somehow Tae and I had fallen into a weird relationship. He stopped being clingy and it made all the difference, but I still put some distance between us.

He just shrugged, "only you say that"

"No. Ask Hobi and Jun..." I stopped in the middle, even saying his name loud hurt.

"Anyways..." Tae quickly added, "I just wanted to apologize to you"

"Hmm?" I looked at him surprised but he avoided my eyes

"Sorry Hyung" he took a deep breath, as if deciding to say his mind, "for the way I treated you. For never apologizing and relentlessly making you uncomfortable"