Chapter 12

Seokjin

We all sat in silence as Bang PD frowned upon us. Namjoon was fidgeting, and Yoongi remained impassive.

Tae and Jimin looked like kids who got caught while doing wrong. I had to hold back a grin looking at their expression. Hobi looked lost, while Jungkook stared back with defiance in his eyes.

"Do you guys are even concerned for your safety?" Sejin Hyung was feigning anger to shield us from PD nim.

"Hyung" Yoongi said, "it was a ten-minute walk and we have been going there forever"

Sejin rolled his eyes, clearly giving up.

"It was my fault" I said finally, when no one spoke after that "they wanted to celebrate me debuting. Please scold me and not them"

Frown on PD nim's face became even deeper, making me worried. This man had really good intuition when it came to his staff's.

"Aren't you the eldest?" PDnim asked, while I just looked down, concentrating on the floor patterns.

A completely different thought hit me, I was the eldest, I had to take care of them instead I have been acting all week like a love sick idiot.

"I am sorry" I mumbled.

"Don't apologies for something that is not your fault" Jungkook said, "it is our fault – we pushed you"

"Not your fault Hyung" Hobi said, "we talked you into it" and at the same time Jimin cried "I made them, I wanted to celebrate the reviews on awake"

"Why are you sorry, you were the only one who said not to" Tae came to my defense, "If anything it was our fault" he turned to look at PDnim

"Said the one who hates alcohol" Sejin said softly

"Blame me, I will accept any punishment" Namjoon said, "it is not his... it is not any of their fault"

A smile formed on BangPD's face and he turned to look at Sejin Hyung "I told you that he was a missing link", who only smiled and nodded.

To say I was shocked was an understatement, I couldn't believe what I was hearing

"Missing Link?" Yoongi raised his eyebrows

"Kids, you were all united by a common drive – passion" Bang PD said, "but you were all strong individuals who worked and liked each other but now, you will finally be a team"

"We always loved each other" Jimin said, "even before Jin Hyung"

"I never said you didn't" Bang smiled, as he opened our fridge and frowned when he saw a beer "really, here in the dorm....?"

But he didn't comment further, instead said "welcome to BTS Seokjin" with a smile "We will share a revised contract, and it is your decision after that. I have no further concerns"

With that, he collected all beer cans from our fridge and walked away, winking at Sejin who followed him with a smile.

"Damm, we should hide our drinks better" Yoongi cribbed as he got up and went to our room "good night guys"

It looked like the news was yet to sync in, I was still stunned while Namjoon hugged me when we all finally stood, ready to retire to our rooms "Welcome to Bangtan Hyung... you will hate and love every second of it"

I was suddenly pulled away from Namjoon's embrace, and a thinner arm wrapped around me so tight, that it knocked me off breath.

"Stay with me" was all he said as he buried his face on my shoulders.

-------

"Can't sleep?" Yoongi asked from his bed. I sighed, feeling sorry for disturbing him.

"I can't too" he continued, "I am pansexual you know". I was surprised by the sudden confession, I just said "Okay"

"and I fully support you and Kookie, should you guys decide to take things forward" he said softly before turning to his side "now think carefully before you sign the contract, there is no going back when it comes to that unlike relationships"

"Are you sure?"

"I am tired of being the eldest" he chuckled "I don't have patience to handle these brats. Please stay for my sake"

I laughed, on hearing his casual remark and his ability to switch from a serious mode to a joke in equally serious tone.

"Just don't let him do anything illegal, that makes you a pedo" Yoongi said, partially serious "god knows how many times I have caught him watching you with a boner that he fails to hide"

"Yah" I was surprised

"I knew you had a dominant side" he laughed "take control Hyung, of your life, of your expectations and you know what to do"

"what if I don't want to?" 

"then you will get your ass destroyed" he said, "literally and figuratively".

"Yoongi" I all but screamed at the choice of his words and it's implications.

But Yoongi didn't hear it, he was looking at the ceiling thinking deeply. We were silent for a couple of minutes before he called out "Hyung", he continued "But please don't hurt him, sometimes the look in his eyes is way more serious for an 18-year-old, and I think he is very serious"

"I can never" I replied, me hurting him I sighed it I could not even imagine it.

He was silent for a minute "I can't speak for others, but no matter your decision I will be there for you."

"Why?" I couldn't help but wonder, it is not like we know each other for a long time

"I thought we are friends" he answered, "are we not?"

"we are?!" I was happy, it has been long since I had any real friends, none after my school days.

"I thought we were" he said, with a small chuckle "why are you so surprised, I bet you look cute right now, ears scarlet"

"no, I don't" I laughed "stop teasing me you brat"

"am no brat, am hell's angel" he said "now, am going to sleep having imparted enough wisdom, Good night" he said as he turned to his side and within seconds, I could hear soft snoring.

I just continued to stare out my window, as I remembered the feeling when he had held my hands, how it felt to be in his embrace.

I was older, but I couldn't deny the fact it felt safe.

His silent plea for me to wait for him, his conviction in wanting me in his life. I didn't know if it was just infatuation on his end, driven by hormones, but I love him.

Not a brotherly love as well, I remembered he time when he had walked into my room with just towel wrapped around asking for something. I was embarrassed and turned on at the same time. Never had this happened in my life before.

A small tear rolled off my eyes, why is my life so complicated. Why am I attracted only to him, one I can never have?

Do I want to lose a chance to be with him? No, I was sure of it.

Will I be able to distance myself, and cause him no hurt? I was not sure. As much as I wanted this opportunity, I was worried of hurting him.

Even though I hate the circumstances that led me to him, I was glad I met him, and I know I will do anything, be anything to have him in my life.

I made a promise to myself, to not do anything until I can distinguish between both. No matter what, he was precious and I just don't want to cause him pain.

Not because I need someone, but because I only want him.