Chapter 23

Seokjin

"Namjoona" I moved away softly from him hold, not to offend him "it's late... why don't we head back?", he nodded as he looked at time in his phone "wow, I just didn't realize it was already 11"

He got up, and then extended his hands to me but I smiled avoiding it.

I have been dreading this moment.

"You are not very subtle when it comes to rejection" he smiled, "I am not stupid Hyung"

"er..." I paused for a second, "as long as it doesn't mean anything else to you" I took his hands in mine, using him to pull myself up.

"what could it mean?", he tried to look innocent, but it only made it hard.

"I thought you are not stupid"

"But I like to know what..." he was still holding my hands, "we only make an ass out of u and me when we assume"

"I am sorry", but this time I did pull out my hands from his hold.

"You hold hands with others all the times" Namjoon's voice held a forced calm.

"It doesn't mean anything to anyone"

"maybe it does to you", I looked him in the eye "while it doesn't for me. I don't want you or anyone else to get hurt"

"So, it is all platonic with Kookie and Tae too?", he challenged but I kept my silence not having a honest answer.

"cat got our tongue?" Namjoon smiled, "at least am more compatible when it comes to your age than Tae".

We started walking in silence, the day had started well but I just couldn't figure out how we ended this way.

"Tae doesn't understand how love works" I said softly

"oh please" he sighed, "you can be more honest than that"

"what do you want me to say?" he sighed, "please ask me directly and I will answer honestly"

"okay", his expression turned serious "if you are hooking up with Tae, I suggest you don't string along Jungkook. I don't want any tension within the group"

What the hell

"Stay away from Jungkook" he continued, his eyes hard, "he is too innocent for this world... and way too innocent to be corrupted"

Me corrupt him... what a joke, does he realize how much am hurting myself for the fear of causing strain in all our relationship

"I am not hooking up with Tae" he looked offended, "am not hooking up with any of them... how could you say such a thing?"

"I see the way they look at you", he continued, "don't lie to my face"

"Namjoon" I tried to control myself from exploding, "you can't just go around spitting out words like that"

"You can?" he sneered, "you think I don't see how much my Maknae's has changed... I see nothing but hurt in Jimin's eyes, Tae and Jungkook are like ready to kill for you"

"how is that my fault?" I screamed, "how is any of this my fault?"

I got up, "you think I don't understand... you think I don't see what is happening... you think am that stupid?", restless to stand in one place I started pacing , "I have not said a word no matter how much it hurts Kookie"

"So.... you know you are hurting him?' he tone carried pure disgust, "you knew you were hurting them, yet have not said a single word?"

He stood silent, eyes boring into me and I turned away, unable to meet his imploring eyes.