A Haunting at the Septic House

Don't forget to read the previous chapter if you haven't already, otherwise none of this will make sense :) (I only say that because lately I had been uploading LATE night chapters and I just want to make sure everyone is on track with the story) Enjoy! 💚

Chase heard Anti scream but before he could go see what was wrong, he heard footsteps so he assumed some of the others went to check it out.

Leaning back into his chair, Chase closed his eyes briefly and went back to editing a video.

He knew his past 'career' wasn't real but he still liked to do the work. Every once in a while, he'd help Sean with a video if Robin was too busy. Don't get him wrong, he was worried about ALL the egos, especially Anti right now. But something felt off.

Chase had stopped taking his depression medication a week ago. He didn't really think it was helping and especially not since Anti had moved in. He was constantly reminded what happened to his children because of him. What Anti supposedly didn't do.

It was hard to separate Sean's imagination from what was real now. He told him he never really had children. But then why did it hurt so much? He could still hear their cries. Their screams. See their spilt blood on the floor. Hear Anti's cruel, disgusting laugh.

Only to be told none of it was real. It was like he had awoken from a lucid dream but it was a constant feeling. He couldn't look Anti in the eyes again.

Chase sighed heavily. He knew it wasn't right to put all the blame on Anti. It wasn't his fault. He just couldn't help it. He didn't want to feel the pain anymore but also. . . . .

Everything felt so much clearer without the medication. Like he was seeing things in a better light no matter how much he felt his heart bleed.

Chase was just finishing up on rendering a video, taking a sip of his tea.

When he pulled back from it, his heart skipped a little, seeing a little blood flow in the cup.

"What the fuck?" he reached to his mouth to see if he had bit his lip or something, pulling back to just see more blood, "Aw shit!"

Chase got up and hurried over to the bathroom to check it and wash his mouth out. He turned on the sink perceptively and looked up to the mirror.

His breathe caught in his lungs seeing a tooth was missing. His panic rising more and more, he washed his mouth out, watching as blood poured into the sink more and more. It never ended!

After a few minutes, Chase was thinking about going to get Marvin or Henrik when he reached up to feel the area.

Only to find that his teeth were all there, 'The hell is going on?'

Chase looked up in the mirror again and narrowed his eyes. He could see a strange shadow behind him.

Rocking back and forth behind the shower curtain.

The father ego swallowed thickly, "J-James, if that's you, man it's not funny. Or. . . Marvin?"

Not a word was said and the figure still gently rocked back and forth, seemingly tied to the shower rod somehow.

Turning around, Chase saw the black figure behind the curtain and he shuddered, suddenly feeling a rush of cold through him.

"Wh-who's there?"

.

.

.

"Daddy?"