34-Jungkook

They were all gathered in the dark basement about half an hour later, Taehyung and Jimin awkwardly standing in the corner, hands intertwined while Namjoon was sitting on the couch with Hoseok and Seokjin while Yoongi and Jungkook were walking up and down across the room.
Honestly, the black-haired didn't really listen to what Yoongi was telling the others but sometimes, words like "threat" and "game" reached his consciousness.
Jungkook was way too busy thinking about the fact that Taehyung and Jimin were basically cuddling each other while standing there and listening, their torsos touching and heads leaning against each other. He was close to throwing up when he looked at them because of Jimin's pale face and Taehyung's concerned expression like he had to watch his own child suffer.
Why were they so touchy?
Why were they these kinds of friends that had to be all cute and close?
This didn't really fit his mood right now.
At first, Jungkook had been glad that he'd see Taehyung again because he was the only person who he trusted a little within this group, apart from Namjoon of course. And maybe Seokjin a tiny little bit but Taehyung was the most sympathetic one. He was so caring... and sympathetic. And he was the first person trying to help him from the first moment they had met. It made his heart tingle slightly.

"Jungkook? Are you listening to me?", Yoongi ripped him out of his thoughts and Jungkook stopped walking up and down to look at him.
"What? No, I wasn't. Is any of this important somehow?", he grunted and placed his hands on his hips, staring at the grey-haired with bored eyes. The rest of the group looked at the both of them, scared that another fight would escalate but other than expected, Yoongi didn't react negatively about his sarcasm.
"Listen, I understand that this is hard but we have to think about what our next move is. Since you have a part in this as well, we want to take your vote as well.", he said with a somewhat soothing tone, and Hoseok got up from the couch.
"I think this is complete nonsense. We're not seriously giving in to their threats.", Seokjin joined in and walked over to Jungkook's side, facing the rest of the group.
The black-haired was surprised to have him join the force of resistance against having to choose with him even though Jungkook himself didn't even listen to what they were choosing anyway. Taehyung and Jimin didn't say anything but Namjoon and Hoseok shared a pitying glance.
"Sorry guys, but we have to. This isn't going to be easy but the rules are the rules. We're not going to be able to keep going like this.", the brunette explained and Yoongi nodded as if he was of the same opinion.

"I can't do it, guys. I'm sorry but this is insane! Why would they make us do this sort of thing?", Jimin now spoke up for the first time since their meeting started and Jungkok frowned.
Would make them to what?
Did the other gang send them yet another threat, pressuring them into something illegal?
"Listen, paying them a big sum of money is one thing.... This... it's different. We don't even know what exactly they're talking about here.", Seokjin stated and ripped a letter from Yoongi's hand. He was close to panic, Jungkook could see it in his eyes: The way he had them widened, and only a small pupil that was staring at Namjoon in horror.
"What?! What are you talking about? What do they want us to do?", Jungkook called out louder than he had ever spoken and everyone gasped when they heard him raise his voice.
"Why are we even discussing this? I can't believe you'd actually consider what they want us to do. Namjoon, I thought you were the smart one here... Do you really want us to fight like animals? Don't you realize how insane this is?", Taehyung now joined the discussion and Jungkook's eyebrows flinched upwards at how loud and frustrated his voice sounded.

He didn't know this part of Taehyung yet and it made his heart clench to hear his usually so soft and deep voice was now getting strained. But at the same time, he was glad to know that he wasn't the only one freaking out about the situation. Jungkook wasn't used to being upset about so many things this quickly.
Actually, in the last couple of years, his heart had grown cold and heavy in his chest and thus he didn't necessarily feel anything or care about anything. But ever since... Ever since he'd met Taehyung and Jimin...
So many things had happened that put him on a rollercoaster of emotions. He now remembered what it was like to fear death. He remembered how the panic had spread in his chest in the moments before he lost consciousness, as well as the wish to at least once be happy in his life. Jungkook didn't want to be this depressed, cold teenager anymore, he wanted to get a hold of himself and finally get his life in order.