42-Jimin

The first day of December...
Outside, it was snowing and already dark even though it was only around five pm and Jimin wiped the window in order to see something through the glass. It was fogged because of the extreme temperature difference outside and in but he really wanted to watch the snowflakes as they were slowly sinking lower and lower until they finally found rest on the white streets. Jimin remembered exactly when his fascination with winter and snow had begun but he knew that when he was a kid and went skiing for the very first time, he'd spent hours just playing with the weird and so far unknown white substance and since then, Jimin waited for the first snow of the year every day. But well... in Busan, he was never really satisfied because all that he could get there was grey mud after an hour from when the snow touched the ground. It was due to climate change that he couldn't really enjoy winters anymore but apparently, in Daegu, it hadn't gotten this far yet and so he was finally able to see the snow falling again.

He'd thought that having to stay at his apartment for weeks was bad but now that he had to spend the exact same amount of time in the hospital, he didn't want to imagine what prison must feel like. This was horrible: having to stay in the same room all day long, getting food brought right to his bed, and never being able to move for real. Sure, he had a roommate to talk to but they were both holding back from being extroverted so they didn't exactly chat a lot even though he had to admit, Jimin was feeling more lonely than ever.
Taehyung couldn't really visit him a lot because he had to go to work and the others still had class all the time. Everyone except for Jungkook had their own duties and as far as Jimin knew, the youngest was trying to get his life together and back under control so he was probably busy as well. He didn't want to blame them but now that he had even had this terrible conversation with Taehyung, clearing up their relationship for real and forever, Jimin simply felt alone and empty. Yuri hadn't contacted him either and since Jimin was too exhausted to do so himself, they just ignored each other and that only made his loneliness bigger and stronger.

If only he'd know for sure when he was going to get out of here...
But the nurses had told him that they weren't sure and that he was advised to call his parents because he was still a minor but they weren't allowed to do that without his consent. Of course, Jimin didn't want his parents to come and find out about all the shit he'd been through his just the first three months since he moved in with Taehyung. Not good... Not good...
He'd always told his mom that everything was fine and made up stories about what they were doing in Daegu when she asked her before but now he was just leaving her messages unread which probably had her worried since that had been going on for a couple of weeks already. Still, Taehyung would take care of it for him, wouldn't he? Jimin was sure of it and trusted his friend to deal with everything, maybe just because he was way too lazy and depressed to do anything by himself.
Yes, that's right, Jimin was feeling depressed.
After this stress and the drama, all he wanted was nothing else to happen anymore. He wanted to stay at home with the people he loved and do absolutely nothing at all, maybe not even be in this world anymore because of all the terrible things that are happening to people every single day. What he's been through was nothing compared to what others had to accept as their destiny.

As he was still looking out the window, letting his thoughts wander while he had a melancholic look on his face, Jimin couldn't help but sigh and started drawing circles on the glass. Suddenly though, a figure down on the streets caught his attention and he turned his chin so that he could see it better but it was a little too far away for him to be sure about who it was. The person he saw was slowly walking towards the hospital's front door, then hesitated and turned back around, only to wait a couple of steps away. He was rather short, wearing a black winter jacket and a dark blue beanie that hid his hair from being seen. Still, something about the way he was walking, standing, even just putting his hands in the pockets of his jeans was familiar to him so he stood up and simply opened the window to not be bothered by the condensed water anymore. When he recognized who it was, standing in the middle of the streets in front of the huge hospital building, Jimin's heart started to flutter and he slammed the window shut as quickly as possible, scared that he might see him. Luckily, it was already dark outside and there were not many cars using the streets because of the snow because otherwise, Yoongi would have been quite the obstacle for the local traffic, but as mentioned, there was nobody trying to pass. Actually, there was no one at all on the streets outside the hospital, no one except for Yoongi of course.