Ø27. Seperate Ways

"I suppose that's it," Redmond turned to Natalia, who rushed to his side and embraced him. This made the knight realize how much he would miss her and he began to let his tears flow freely. There was no space nor time for shame between these two; there never had been."You're making me cry," Redmond sniffled as he clung to Natalia as if she would slip right through his fingers if he even slightly loosened his grip. Natalia looked up at him and wiped away her tears before using her sleeve to clear her friends.
"I'm sorry," Natalia squeezed Redmond's arms. "I promise I'll come back to Prauth soon." Redmond shook his head. He took her hands in his own, with a look of compassion and honesty,
"You must come back when you want to not because you feel obligated." Natalia gave a tearful yet toothy grin. There was a sudden knock on the door followed by Sir Turin's face,
"Redmond, we need to be leaving soon." The pair looked so young in his eyes, and the older knight couldn't help but smile pitifully. Not because he thought of them as a pair of young lovers; he knew better. He looked this way because he knew how long life was and how they seemed to have lived so much of it already. "I'll meet you in the courtyard," he looked at Natalia and nodded in respect. "I hope to see you soon, my lady."
"And I wish you luck in your future endeavors, Sir Turin." The knight closed the door softly and Redmond finally moved away from Natalia. He picked up his bag and wiped away his final tears.
"Promise me you won't get yourself killed or marry a bloody pirate while you're gone." Natalia laughed shortly,
"What if it's a handsome adventurer and he later becomes a pirate?"
"I guess that would be permissible." Redmond hugged her once more. "You take care, my lady."
"You do the same, Red." She gently pressed her hand to his face and nodded solemnly, "Go, I bet they're all waiting for you." Redmond stood up straight and smirked. Without another word he left, there was no need to say goodbye, for they would see each other again. Redmond always hated the word goodbye.
Natalia let him leave. She couldn't face her mother and all those who had served her and all that had waited for the day for her to fail. Redmond's footsteps echoed off the walls and into oblivion. Natalia tried to ignore the heaviness in the air and the bitterness in her mouth.
"Ah Natalia," She turned around and saw Merlin and Gwaine standing in the doorway; Gwaine carried his bag. Merlin looked confused, "Have you been crying?" Natalia dried her cheeks and shook her head as a child would. Merlin walked over to her and lightly touched her arm, asking if there was anything he could do for her.
"No," Natalia's voice became more steady, "I'll be fine." She looked from Merlin to Gwaine, "where will you go?" Gwaine shrugged,
"Mercia, care to join?" Natalia smiled as best she could,
"No, I'm going to the south to become a pirate."
"A what?" Merlin was horrified.
"A pirate or I might fall madly in love with an adventurer." Natalia was proud of herself for making Merlin so flustered that he pinched the bridge of his nose in disbelief.
"Well," Gwaine spoke confidently, "I hope that we meet during your travels, and I can become that adventurer."
"No. No. No. No!" Merlin yelled as he stood between the two. Natalia hugged him softly, whispering 'thank you' and promising to be safe. Merlin relaxed as Natalia turned her attention back to Gwaine,
"I hope to see you again someday." She reached out her hand to shake his. Gwaine accepted and then pulled her hand to his lips,
"Hopefully, someday it will be sooner rather than later." Natalia blushed lightly but kept her cool,
"We shall see, dear adventurer," Gwaine smirked and then released her hand.
"And for my sake," Merlin interrupted, "I hope you won't meet at all." Gwaine lightly swatted at Merlin, and all three of them chuckled.
"I best be off, it's nearly sundown." Gwaine bowed gracelessly and said goodbye; not giving a second glance to Merlin and Natalia. Merlin grabbed Natalia's hand,
"Do you have to go?" Natalia didn't look at him but knew that he had tears in his eyes.
"I don't think I can stay in Camelot for very long anymore. It feels too much like home." Merlin understood the feeling but, still didn't want his friend to go,
"It's not safe for you to be alone." Natalia laughed,
"And why is that?" Merlin sighed,
"You know because- the world is a scary place and-" Merlin paused, "You're the only family I have left. I can't lose you too." Natalia finally looked him in the eyes,
"You won't lose me. I just can't stay. Do you understand?"
"Merlin!" Arthur appeared from some corner, "There you are, I've been looking for you." Merlin wiped his tears as Arthur approached them, "I need you to clean my armor and do my laundry."
"Of course sire, anything else?" Arthur shakes his head,
"No, that's all."