condom on, pants down, dick up

"What the fuck was that for?"

Yeah, good point. Someone should have an answer for that. Good thing I wasn't someone.

"Now we're even," I replied, licking my lips to taste him on my tongue.

"I'm telling you to keep yourself in line. I won't be repeating myse-"

"Then don't. You're clearly the one wasting your breath. And plus, what're you going to do? Stab me again? Go the fuck ahead, if I survived being stabbed by you once, second time's nothing."

"Falcons, you really need to fucking leave."

"Why? Afraid you won't be able to hold up against me?"

His eyes were no longer narrowed up at me, his lips softly parted while he stared up at me.

"Yeah."

His answer caused a piece of me to crumble, my alpha falling apart, but that ignited something else in me.

"Then why? Why the fuck would you-"

"Don't involve yourself in shit you don't know about."

"Didn't think of that when you held me in your fucking wings, did you?"

"That was my grave mistake," he breathed out.

"Mistake?" My hands loosened on him. "That's what you think?"

"It's what I know. Nothing I regret more than that night, not even that. The very fucking moment I saw you, it should have never happened. If I had just known, there would never be anything between us. We wouldn't be at this point then."

"How the fuck can you say that? How the fucking hell can you just-"

I slammed him down against the bar counter, my breaths tight in my chest. I could feel the very bones of my ribcage constricting my lungs to refrain me from breathing properly.

"Then why?"

"I didn't know it'd lead to this."

"Lead to what?"

"Falcons, we just can not be like th-"

"Lead to fucking what, Hawks?"

My hands were around his collar, grip wrenching his shirt into the palms of my fists.

"Falcons, I," he fell silent.

"I asked you something."

"What are you going to do? You can't force the answer out of me during a mafia event."

What was he so fucking desperate to hide and cover up? Who was really behind this? Could it be Hawks was just a pawn to a larger game? Who held the strings that were right over our heads?

"You already admitted that you can't refuse me, what more of an answer would I really need from you?" I cocked my head, bringing myself closer to him when he looked away.

"Don't."

"You know, when I kissed you now just moments ago, you responded to me."

He didn't speak.

"Even with you saying all of that shit, if I touched your lips with my own, you wouldn't do shit. Actually," I looked at him. "Even if you were able to, would you?"

"I can't let anything happen."

His words threw me off.

"Happen, what? Happen between us?"

His eyes widened for a second before blinking.

"Yeah, that's exactly it, now get the fuck off."

That wasn't it, it was something else.