Bonding Time

*I don't own Transformers or anything affiliated with Transformers. I only own my original characters and plots. All rights go to Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg.*

Adalyn and I had finished unpacking all of her belongings about forty five minutes ago. At the moment we were both just seated in the bean bag chairs watching TV and eating Chinese takeout that Leo had brought us just fifteen minutes earlier.

Leo had seemed a little bit distraught by my new roommate and it got to the point where he tripped over himself on the way out of my room, dumping rice and noodles all over him. It was funny until Adalyn and I were left to clean up the mess. It didn't take long to do so; it was just the matter of the annoyance I felt doing it.

Adalyn grabbed the remote from the floor and turned the volume level down a bit before turning to me. I sighed, knowing exactly what she was about to do.

"Bonding time," she chirped. I snickered. Her and Braelynn's personality similarities were so similar it frightened me.

"Go ahead and ask away," I told her.

She smiled. "Okay. Firstly, tell me about your family."

"Okay. Well my dad's name is William. He's is a Major in the army. My mom's name is Sarah and she's an accountant. My little sister's name is Annabelle and she's just a nuisance," I told her with a laugh.

She chuckled and was silent for a moment before speaking again. "Any other friends besides Leo and Sam?"

I nodded. "Braelynn Stone. My best friend since the second grade. As a matter of fact she's the person you remind me of," I answered her.

"When will I get to meet her?"

I frowned.
"Um, she was kind of killed two years ago."

Adalyn's expression held so much sorrow and disbelief at my words. It almost made me want to cry but I could almost hear Braelynn yelling at me to keep my cool so I did just that.

"I'm so sorry, Azalea." If I had a dollar for every time someone has apologized to me over something that was in no way their fault, I'd be bathing in cash.

"Don't apologize. It isn't your fault," I told her.

She pouted. "Well can we move on to your boyfriend? What's he like?"

I smiled but I could feel the ache in my chest as I thought of Ironhide.

"He is a total grump. If you seen him your first impression would make you not want to approach him at all, but once you get to know who he is he happens to be very lovable and very sweet; well to me at least. He's very protective over me even though he really doesn't need to be but it just makes me love him all the more," I answered her.

"Hm. Well do I get to meet him?" she laughed.

I frowned again. "I've got a very complicated life, Adalyn and my relationship with him just so happens to be one of those complications. If I could take you to meet him right now, I actually wouldn't hesitate to do so. I wish I could. I'm just not very sure if I'll even see him again," I said sadly.

She furrowed her eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

I sighed.

"Well, he's in the army with my dad and the National Security Advisor, Theodore Galloway, along with the president, has forbade us from seeing each other ever again. They believe that I'm a distraction to him and they actually think it's safer for me to be away from him."

She frowned and I wiped my watering eyes. "You can't possibly let them do that, can you?" she asked, disbelief in her tone.

I shrugged. "It's complicated."

She reached over and gave me a hug, one of which I gladly returned.

"I'm not going to apologize, but I hate that this has happened to you. You seem like too good of a person for something so horrible to happen to you."

I laughed at the statement and she released me, a questioning look on her face. If only she knew all the horrible things I had been through these past two years.

"Maybe one day I'll be able to tell you why that was so funny to me," I said to her.

She just grinned at me. "How about you just tell me about yourself? Like what do you like to do? What are your hobbies and things like that?"

I moved my hair out of my face and took a deep breath. "In my free time I enjoy shooting, running, fighting, and training. Now that I'm in college I can't really do much of that except for running," I told her.

"Wow. Not most girls my age are into that stuff," she laughed.

"I'm different. I love embracing that."

"I respect it."

I smiled at her and crossed my legs. "Now let's move on to you. What do you like to do for fun?" I asked her.

She let out a dry chuckle.

"My life is going to sound really boring compared to yours. But I really enjoy reading, writing, and going for long runs. I literally have no life," she told me.

I smirked. "You're just as different as I am. Embrace it, girl. What about your family though? What are they like?"

She huffed.

"Well my parents' names are Brad and Sadie. They're not really around much. My mom is a cruise line worker and my dad is an archaeologist. As a matter of fact they're both on business in Europe for the next three months. They're not even going to be home for Thanksgiving so I'm stuck here during winter break," she told me.

I frowned. "How about you come with me to my house for winter break? I'm sure my parents would love to meet you," I suggested.

"That sounds great. I'd love that. Thank you," she exclaimed.

I smiled at her. "You're welcome."

"Aside from my parents though, I have two older twin brothers, both of whom are happily married with kids. Their names are Mason and Jason which I always thought was lame," she laughed.

I laughed with her. "It kind of is though."

She shrugged. "They were born during a time where it was considered cool to choose twin names that rhymed."

I just snickered at her. "So where are you from?" I asked her.

"I'm from Orlando. What about you?"

"I'm from Tacoma, Washington but my parents are moving down to D.C. in just a few days. Actually, you'll get to meet them much sooner than I anticipated. They're bringing me my car one day this week so you'll have the perfect opportunity to meet them," I told her.

She nodded and turned her focus towards my left arm.

"You know, I noticed this earlier but I never did ask you what happened. Why do you have a bunch of stitches in your arm?" she inquired curiously.

I looked down at my arm to see the stitches protruding from my arm. The sight of my arm was horrendous but in reality it hadn't bothered me much at all. Most of the times I would just forget it was there.

"I was in Egypt and I cut my arm on a car fender," I chuckled.

Her eyes were wide. "When were you in Egypt? This can't be but less than a week old," she claimed.

"Remember the alien apocalyptic dilemma you were talking about?" She nodded. "Around that time."

"Oh. Well to save you a trip to the doctor and to save you from an irrelevant bill, I could actually take your stitches out for you if you wanted. I'm studying to be a doctor," she told me. She would just love working with Ratchet.

"Seriously?"

She nodded. "They aren't quite ready to come out yet though. I'll give it a few more days and then you'll be good to go," she smiled.

"Thank you so much."

She just smiled at me.

*Please vote and comment. It'd mean so much to me. I wanna know what you guys think.*