Broken Responsibilities

*I don't own Transformers or anything affiliated with Transformers. I only own my original characters and plots. All rights go to Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg.*

"We're going to be okay, huh?" my dad retorted from the front seat of Ironhide's alternate mode.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. Adalyn and I were in the back seat and we were currently on our way home from the base. For the past fifteen minutes, my dad and Ironhide had been scolding us for the incident that happened, and needless to say, I was pissed the fuck off.

"How the hell was I supposed to know that would happen?" I exclaimed.

Surprisingly, after the encounter with Starscream's holoform and his two stooges, I had gained about thirty seven percent of my voice back. It wasn't much, but for now it would definitely suffice.

"We didn't want either of you to walk by yourself in the first place, but you insisted, claiming that you would be okay," Hide remarked.

Though Adalyn was fairly new to the family, she had managed to grow on them really quickly, especially Ironhide. He claimed he liked her excessive amount of charisma and the way she dedicated herself to the people she cared for. In a sense, she had reminded him of Optimus Prime and Ratchet merged together. In my mind, his need to protect her was for her safety, but it was also for me, considering the fact that he hadn't gotten the chance to save Braelynn from the Decepticons two years ago. He had told me many times that he felt bad for not being able to save her that day and I felt he was trying to make up for that with Adalyn.

"You're lucky Dino and Hide showed up when they did," my dad said.

I rolled my eyes, the anger increasing inside me. Here they go trying to treat me like some defenseless little girl. I honestly didn't know if I could take it any longer. Their protective ways meant a lot to me, but right now I just felt suffocated.

"You know, I'm so sick of the two of you treating me like some defenseless little girl. I'm almost twenty years old! I shouldn't be denied the right to walk a few blocks at night and I especially don't need a damn curfew," I countered rather loudly.

I heard Ironhide grunt. "Lower your voice. Yelling won't get you anywhere, kid," he instructed.

I rolled my eyes again and crossed my arms.

"We're just saying, Lea. Maybe it would've been wise to take Bumblebee or even Sideswipe," my dad replied calmly.

I clenched my fist. "Shut up. Had you thought that at the moment and insisted on it, we would have never come into contact with the slagging Decepti-forms. Quit trying to blame the ordeal on me."

"No one is blaming anything on you," Hide responded nonchalantly.

"Well, I'm just stating the facts. The Decepticons are still after you and you choose late at night to walk with Adalyn to get something to eat? Are you dumb?" my dad retorted.

I frowned. What the actual fuck was this?

"First and foremost, it wasn't exactly a spontaneous decision. You were all busy and we didn't want to bother you. Secondly, I thought the Decepticons had fled after the Egyptian battle. I had no clue three of their holoforms were going to corner us in an alley. I had no clue they were going to threaten to hurt Adalyn or I if we didn't cooperate," I told him, bitterness in my tone.

Ironhide sighed.

"I'm starting to think it wasn't the wisest idea for you to inform Adalyn of your invovlement or of Autobot and Decepticon existence for that matter," he told me.

I raised a brow.

"Why not? Galloway pissed me off and I was feeling exceptionally rebellious. I could trust her too so I felt there was no problem in telling her," I retorted.