Breaktime

*I don't own Transformers or anything affiliated with Transformers. I only own my original characters and plots. All rights go to Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg.*

I have spent three long, agonizing months at this university and I believed it was about time for me to have a break or at least I felt I deserved one. Thankfully today I would finally get that break. I was getting completely tired of the hundreds of morons here, my classes hadn't once failed to stress me out and I was dying to sleep in my own bed which my mother had so nicely moved into the new house.

I also couldn't wait to see my family when I got back home. Talking to my mom and dad every other day on the phone was nice, but I preferred to see them in person. It may sound pretty lame to most people my age, but I actually missed hanging out with and spending time with my parents. They did give birth to me after all. And though every year since Braelynn's death, I had spent my birthday with her family instead of my own I was still very happy I got to spend my birthday at home with them, so this was another plus.

Nothing exciting had really been happening here at Princeton University though. If anything, it had been about the same as it had been after I returned here from Egypt. I was still more than upset over the Ironhide situation, of course. The pain only seemed to be getting worse and worse by the month but I was also becoming better at managing it. It sucked, though, that I wasn't going to get to even see him while I was home for two months and I knew that was going to kill me inside. I would be so close to him but I would also be so far. It just didn't register well with me.

On the other hand I had decided to changed myself once again. .kind of. After not doing anything too drastically damaging with my hair for three months, it grew back out. Instead of being two inches below my shoulders, it was now about five inches below my shoulders and I was more than happy about that. The only thing I wasn't particularly fond of was my blonde roots and this had forced me to dye my hair back to blonde. I was absolutely thrilled about this; I had missed my full, long hair so much.

Currently I was shoving clothes into my suitcase, much to my despair. The only bad thing about this whole break dilemma was that I was sick. Ironic, huh? For the past three days or so I have felt like absolute shit. It even caused me to miss all of my classes for this week. My nose was stuffed, I had a horrible cough along with an enormous amount of chest pain, and my throat had never been so sore in my life. I could still talk but I could tell that I was getting close to acquiring laryngitis. I blamed the bipolar weather for this horrible sickness. One day it was snowing and the next day it was almost sixty degrees. I didn't understand it at all.

I groaned as I threw the last of the clothes I was taking into my suitcase. After pulling the case shut, I zipped it up before walking over to sit it by the door. The bathroom door burst open and Adalyn walked out. I gawked at her outfit. She was dressed in a pastel pink skirt, a white tank top with black detailing covering the front of it along with a black leather jacket and her black heels.

"You look cute," I croaked out.

She smiled at me. "Thank you. And even for a sick person you look outrageously beautiful," she told me.

I smiled though I didn't like my outfit nearly as much as I liked hers. I had on a droopy grey sweater, black skinny jeans, a black knit infinity scar, and my black ankle booties. It was very casual but it was also cute and the heels also managed to add a hint of dressiness to it.

"Are you ready to go?" I asked her.

She nodded and walked over to grab her suitcase. "More than I'll ever be. Are you sure you still don't want me to drive?" she inquired worriedly.

I nodded. "I think I'll be fine. Now we just have to say goodbye to Leo and Sam before leaving," I muttered.

As I made a move towards the door, it burst open and in walked none other than Sam and Leo. I groaned.