Why Me?

*I don't own Transformers or anything affiliated with Transformers. I only own my original characters and plots. All rights go to Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg.*

It was about two in the morning and everyone in the house was fast asleep. Right now I was laying comfortably in the backseat of Ironhide's cabin, my head resting on his lesser form's lap.

The air in the cabin was especially warm. A feeling of pure happiness and content pulsated throughout my entire body. The two of us had been silent since we came out here but I didn't mind it much and he didn't seem to either. I was just happy being here with him; that's all that really mattered to me at the moment.

Something had been playing at the edges of my mind though, and for the past hour or so I had been in a state of questioning my thoughts. I had been secretly asking myself this question for the past two years only I knew that I couldn't exactly answer it; there was only one person who could answer it and that was Ironhide.

After a few more minutes of silence, I finally got the nerve to speak up.

"Hide?" I chimed.

"Hm?" he hummed as he twisted a strand of my hair in his finger.

I let out a small cough and rolled over so that I was now on my stomach. I crossed my arms over top of his lap and laid my head down. I looked up at him, his blue eyes still shining brightly even with the lack of light.

"Why me?" I asked. Even in the dark I could still see the confusion etched into his features.

"What do you mean?"

I chuckled. "Out of all of the other prettier girls and bots on this planet and in the universe you chose me. I want to know why that is."

He let out a loud sigh.

"You're beautiful, Lea. There is no other girl or bot that could ever compare to you. But there was something about you that drew me in almost instantaneously. It may have been the way you were so quick and determined to protect your family at the thought of a stranger being inside your house," he chuckled. "It may also have been the way you spoke to me when we first met."

I scoffed as I remembered that day back in 2007. It wasn't everyday a girl woke up from a nap only to be met with the face of a beautiful, yet very strange man.

"You were a total dick. It's not that you still aren't, but you're really lucky I didn't hit you that day," I teased.

He grunted.

"It only would have resulted in you injuring yourself, but that's not what we're talking about here," he said.

I laughed. "Well, continue if you please."

He chuckled and grabbed my hand in his.

"From the first time I saw you I knew that you were a very strong femme. You were a fighter and I grew to love that about you over the course of time. Not to mention that you may have been and still are a very stubborn, defiant, insolent, and obnoxious girl, but you were also very positive, strong-minded, persistent and a very fun little organic to be around," he laughed.

I smiled up at him and he placed a hand on my cheek before he continued talking.

"I had never met any being remotely worth devoting my life to until I met you and never in my life did I ever think I would end up falling in love with a human, but I admire you, Azalea. I admire absolutely everything about you. You mean so much more to me than you think, kid.

"I would do anything for you. I would do absolutely everything in my power to keep you safe and make you as happy as humanly possible. Nothing matters more to me than you do, without the exceptions of course. If anything at all were to ever happen that could permanently take you away from me, I honestly wouldn't know what to do with myself. These past three months without you have just been utterly dreadful and personally I wouldn't want to endure being without you again," he finished.

I frowned, though his words had made me happy.

"But like you've told me before, I live barely a single percent of what you do. What are you going to do when I actually leave though?" I asked him.

His face dropped. "I guess we'll see. That's not something I like to think about."

I gave him a small smile.

"You're going to find someone else to love and I'm going to be yelling at you from my grave," I teased.

He shook his head at me, a small smile appearing on his face.

"If that proves to be true, just know that they won't mean half as much to me as you do. You may not have been my first love, but you most definitely are and will remain my most important one, Azalea."

I covered my face with my hands. "I want to cry right now," I mumbled.

He pulled my hands away and looked down at me.

"Why?"

"Because you're so damn perfect. Just imagine if you had never shown up! I'd be with a human," I told him, mock disgust in my tone as I uttered the final word.

He chuckled. "I believe you're over exaggerating."

I made a face.

"No I'm not. You are the definition of the perfect mate. I wasn't so sure about you when we first met, but at the moment I have never been so sure about anything in my life."

"I'm ecstatic you feel that way about me."

I smiled. "And I'm happy you feel the way you do about me, Hide."

"You truly don't know the half of what I feel. The lot of it can't be described with words. Aside from that though, I'm still very much surprised you haven't run yet."

I pursed my lips. "Why would I run?" I inquired.

He chuckled and patted the top of my head. "Because of what I am, Azalea."

I laughed.

"You're dumb. It's been two fucking years, Ironhide. If I wanted to leave you, I would have done so a long time ago. And we've talked about this. I don't care that you are a freaking alien robot from Cybertron; it just makes you that much more special to me. You still are and always will be the 'man' I fell in love with," I giggled.

He leaned down and placed a gentle kiss onto my lips.

"I love you," he told me as he pulled away.

I gave his hand a gentle squeeze. "And I love you, Ironhide."

*Please vote and comment. It'd mean so much to me. I wanna know what you guys think.*