Under the Weather

*I don't own Transformers or anything affiliated with Transformers. I only own my original characters and plots. All rights go to Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg.*

Just when I thought my ailing condition couldn't get much worse, it did. For the past two hours or so, I had been in the bathroom floor, leaning over the toilet while Adalyn kept my hair out of my face as I emptied my stomach of bile and other bodily fluids.

When I woke up this morning I felt absolutely fine. After my dad and Ironhide left to go back to the base, my well-being had changed rather drastically. My temperature had risen from a low grade fever of 99.7 to an extremely high grade of 102.5. My body ached horribly and throwing up just made the situation a lot worse than it needed to be. Not to mention that my throat burned much worse than it did before and I could no longer speak at all. Plus, I was exhausted, but vomiting every five minutes didn't particularly allow me to attend to that need.

Before any real symptoms had shown up though, my mom had left for work and I was left alone with Adalyn to take care of me. It was a good thing that my roommate was a doctor-in-training or I didn't know what I would've done. I didn't want to worry my dad, mom, or even Ironhide for that matter and bothering Ratchet at the base wasn't an option; Adalyn was already here and was more than happy to be able to take care of me. She claimed that it not only allowed her to help her best friend while she was sick, but that it also gave her an incredible learning experience.

I was getting very tired of sitting on the bathroom floor though. My bottom was getting uncomfortably numb but I was far too weak to lift myself up and Adalyn wasn't really strong enough to support my weight. Had the bathroom had a television, I wouldn't mind being in here at all. Adalyn had been generous enough to plug her iPod into her iHome and bring it into the bathroom for me so at the moment I was listening to the melodic sound of Jason Aldean's voice.

I jumped up as the bile pushed itself up my esophagus and out of my mouth, interrupting my thoughts. I leaned over the toilet just in time for the fluid to make its escape. I flushed the toilet and took a deep breath, wiping my mouth once the horrid fluid exited my system. Soon enough I started to feel a warm liquid dripping on my arm. I looked down and my eyes widened slightly when I noticed the small drops of blood on my arm. When I reached my hand up to my face, I stopped at my nose. Blood was coming out of my nose in a steady stream and I groaned.

The bathroom door burst open and Adalyn appeared, her movement halting once she saw the blood on my face. She walked over quickly and grabbed some toilet paper before walking over to me. She held it to my nose and slightly tilted my head forwards. I sighed in relief as I felt the blood flow beginning to cease. Adalyn wiped my face and stood up, tossing the bloody paper into the trash bin.

I blinked and laid my head down on the toilet seat. It wasn't sanitary at all but I didn't care. I was too weak to get up and I needed to go to sleep.

A door downstairs could be heard slamming shut, followed by a couple pairs of footsteps and my name being called. Without thinking anything of it, I closed my eyes. Adalyn shook me every few seconds but I ignored her. The footsteps got louder which caused my headache to become worse. My face contorted in pain as my head throbbed but my eyes stayed closed.

I heard a small sigh followed by Adalyn's voice.

"Please open your eyes, Lea."

Her voice sounded almost as if it were in front of me; I assumed her to be kneeling down in front of me. I ignored her yet again though.

The loud footsteps finally stopped and I nearly smiled in relief.

"Before you ask, she has the flu. She's been like this since after the two of you left. Her symptoms are only getting worse," Adalyn spoke.