Chapter 1

Today was my fifth birthday, me and my friend Amaroth were down at the stream. It was a normal day, children were laughing and everyone was working or getting ready for my birthday. Wait, let me introduce myself, my name is Laci daughter of King Alduin. Yes, I'm a princess but that doesn't matter.

Amaroth is three years older than me, but since his father is my dads highest general. He's kinda the only friend I have. We do everything together, training, killing, and what not. Everyone wanted us to end up together, but they can't push it. There's this thing called L'amour Vrai (true love) my people believe in, for when you meet "the one" you will know when you touch them. Amaroth was just a friend to me. Therefore I hope his soul wasn't the one my soul was intertwined with. He is like a brother to me nothing more.

But the day turned bad so quickly. "Laci, run back!" I heard Amaroth call. But I was too hestient, but then I saw why. Many orc's and goblins ran out of the forest by the town. I felt Amaroth grab my hand and pull me along. We stopped but Amaroth pushed me to go on. I knew that this would be that last time I saw him. I started to run again. "Go to the gates!" I yelled running past guards.

Soon I got to my kingdom and ran inside to see my father leaving. He stopped before me kissed my head than left. I could fight he knew I could. All of my race could, because we are dargonborn. We have the soul of a dargon but our apperence is quite weird. We look like a mix between elf and man. We range from different heights and sizes.

But I ran to my mother. We watched from her and my fathers room as our city went up in flames. We heard the cries of men, woman, and children. My mother soon looked at me, she was crying.

"My dear, I will always love you. Your father will and has too. If anything happens I want you to be safe." She put her hands to my chest and said a small spell. Soon white light went from her and to me. Brutal pain became of my chest. It finally stopped, when she fell to the floor. She turned over. "My child you have three souls now, one is yours for you when you were born as you know." She paused "The other two is mine and your fathers. Those two you may give to whom you wish." She said before dying.

I backed up into a corner. My knees were up to my chest and I was crying. I just lost my mom and my dad but I had there souls. Goblins came running into the room. I stayed in the corner, scared of what they would do. They poked at my mothers lifeless body, then turned to see me. They started running at me until someone yelled stop. I couldn't see who is was due to my head tucked in between my knees. I felt someones hands on my legs. It wasn't human, it had long fingers with long figure nails.

"Child how old are you?" I heard a woman ask. I lifted my head to see a goblin. Better yet a pretty girl goblin. She wear a smile though her teeth were yellow and brown. It was heart warming. "Child!?" She said again getting angry.

"I'm five, today." I said. She smiled lightly. Then picked me up, which I put my arms around her neck and legs around her as well. I heard groans from other goblins. So I stuck my head down. It was a long walk back even if I didn't walk it seemed very far. I heard many goblins sreach, and yell. I thought I heard them say some things that sounded as of it was to me.

We stopped soon, then I heard a man singing. She put me down then took my hand.

"Are they all dead?" An ugly goblin asked.

"Yes my dear they are. All but one little one." The lady said, that was holding my hand. He came down and picked me up.

"I thought I said kill them all! " He spat.

"We can't have our own, so I took her. She won't remember this. She won't remember who she is, or what she is!" She said taking me back. "I'm keeping her and that is finally. I am your wife, their Queen and she will be the princess." I looked at her then at the guy. He smiled lightly before turning and sitting back on his throne. "Do as you wish, I will call her my daughter, but I will not show her respect."

With that the lady took me to a room. Only two rooms seemed to have doors, I got one of them. It was a rather large room. It was a library. She set me down on what seemed like a chair.

"Well my child, you don't look like any of us but you will be." I nodded and played with my bleach blonde hair. "I am the Goblin Queen and that man out there is the Goblin King." I nodded again before she sat in front of me. "Child was is your name?" She asked.

"Laci." I said not looking at her. She got up and went to the door. "I will be back to get you for dinner, we shall feast tonight. For now I have a child!" She said before leaving and locking the door.

Don't get me wrong, I was happy I was here. Alive, well, and not hurt. But I couldn't believe my people were dead. I was the only one felt. I have new parents, even if I didn't want any. She was nice but he wasn't. He probably would never like me. A part of me was happy she locked the door, not like I was going to leave. I didn't know the way out nor did I know were to go if I got out. I took a deep breath and let it out.

"I will never let myself forget, what happened today!" I stated. "I will force myself to remember, who I am, who I was, what I was, and what I had to become." I said out loud. That was a promise to myself. For which I was too keep.