ⒹⒶⒻⓄⓁⒹⒾⓁ: ⒸⒽⒶⓅⓉⒺⓇ ①⓪

☕︎︎Ivy's POV☕︎︎

(Ivy's Outfit of the day)

(System's Outfit of the day)

I walk out of my closet and head down to the kitchen. I've already had breakfast. I know the system gets released tomorrow. Last night I decided I was going to go shopping for the system.

I told my mom they're predicament. Not in full detail though. She is allowing them to stay here for a while. I grab my bag and keys and head out to the garage.

My phone rings and I pull it out of my pocket. I hit the answer button as I get in my car.

"Ivy?"

"Yes." I laugh as I start the car and my phone connects to it.

"I'm getting released early!" I can tell it's Fin based on the way they're talking.

"Really? I can come pick you up."

"Yeah, that would be nice."

"Okay, I'm on my way there. I'll see you soon Fin. Oh, and uh I'm gonna stop by the mall. Do you want to come with me or should I take you back to my house?" I ask as I back out of the garage, down the driveway and onto the street.

"I'll go with you. I've already gotten ready for the day. I need out of this place, I might as well just go with you." Their deep voice tells me. Their voice amazes me. It's deep for an 18-year-old. It sounds almost as if they have been smoking their whole life, but without the raspiness.

"Okay, I'm headed there now. I'll see you later Fin."

"I'll see you later Ivy." I could hear the smirk in their voice.

I make it to the hospital in record time. Not that I was speeding or anything, there just wasn't much traffic.

I see Fin walk out the doors and look around. I take the opportunity to annoy the absolute hell out of them. I roll down the passenger side window.

"Get in loser, we're going shopping!" They roll their eyes and let out a laugh.

"Yeah, yeah. Thanks, Ivy."

I drive to our local mall and park in a spot. Fin and I walk in and look around.

"Is there anything you need?" I ask them.

"Ummm no, I don't think so." Their eyes linger on a Rue21. I look them up and down and click my tongue. They look at me like I'm crazy. I grab their hand and lead them to Rue21.

"Ivy." They warn me. "Don't you freaking dare! I swear to God."

"Shush you dingus. You're difficult enough already." I laugh.

They roll their eyes. But go ahead and shop. When I say we shopped till we dropped, I mean it. By the time we get home, it's already 5:00.

My mom calls out for me to help with dinner. I make the salad. We eat dinner in peace until all hell breaks loose.

Somebody pounds on the door. I get up from the couch to go see who it is. I open the door and immediately hit the floor. I don't black out but my jaw definitely hurts.

My mom and Fin scream and I can tell Fin is switching. My mom pushes Darren through the door and closes it. She locks the deadbolt and calls the police. The system helps me up and to the couch. The police arrive shortly and take note of everything. They take a look at my jaw and determine that it's just bruised.

꧁꧂꧁꧂The Next Morning꧁꧂꧁꧂

☕︎︎Ivy's POV☕︎︎

(Ivy's Outfit of the day)

(System's Outfit of the day)

Finley stayed in my room with me last night. I ended up having a panic attack and they calmed me down. We watched a couple of movies while I iced my jaw. It hurts a lot but it'll get better.

I woke up this morning to Fin and my mom making pancakes. I sat down at the table while watching them converse. "How are you this morning, Ivy?" Mom asks me.

"I'm okay." It's not completely a lie. I am doing okay, just in pain. She bends down, opens the freezer, and throws me an ice pack.

"Here you go, miss liar." I catch the ice pack and put it up to my jaw. I sigh in relief at the pain going away. Finley chuckles and I throw them a glare. They pick a pancake up out of the pan and puts it on a plate with some other pancakes. They walk over to me with the plate and set it in front of me.

"Thank you, Fin." I smile up at them.

They smile back down to me, "You're welcome, Ivy." They walk back to my mom and help her finish up.

They sit down at the table and we all start eating. It's silent. Nobody is brave enough to talk about yesterday. Until Finley clears their throat.

"Umm, so I've done some thinking." They start.

"Yes, Finley?" My mom asks.

"I think... I know... no, I think I want to go by he/him or he/they pronouns." He tells us shyly.

"Really?" He nods at my question, "are you going to keep your name as Finley?" He nods as this too. "In that case," I stand up and raise my glass of orange juice, "you make a very pretty boy!" My mom smiled and Fin laughed. They raised their glasses and we all took a sip.

The morning went on peacefully. We watched a few movies and started a game of Monopoly. We haven't left the house or anything because we don't want to risk running into Darren.

All in all, I think we had a pretty good day!

𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎

Alright, sorry it took forever to get this chapter out. I've had an extreme case of writer's block and I'm trying my best. Thank you for reading!
Daffodils represent chivalry.

Word Count: 983