December 2nd: Santa Land Disasters (Gina x E.J)

Gina's POV:

This year I was finally able stay in one place for more than one semester and I had the best friends in the whole wide world. My new friends from East High have shown me what family truly is especially during the hardest times. Christmas was coming up in three weeks and I wanted to do something in return for them, but I didn't have any money. I decided to look for a job online since all of my finals were over and my mom was working overtime. I knew that we didn't have enough money to buy more than five people gifts. My mom had a hard time paying bills too and I just wish that I could find a way to help.

I got out my old 2018 Macbook pro from under my bed and searched for jobs. All of the jobs that I could find were either taken or for 18 and up. I decided to take the bus to the mall and see if anyone was hiring. I packed a bag full of essentials while checking the bus schedule to the Utah state mall then texted my mom where I would be.

*******

When I got to the mall, I instantly saw a sign that said that the Santa Photo Land was hiring part time workers to dress up as elves form the workshop. I decided to apply for the job to get into some Christmas spirit and to get some money to pay for Christmas gifts and maybe even help my mom out with the house.

Apparently, the job wasn't very popular and the lady at the photo booth agreed to train me on the spot while I was still there. The lady who was dressed as one of the elves too explained to me that we had to make sure that the kids were seated on Santa's lap and were looking at the camera. I also was told that I had to stay in full costume until my shift ended because of workshop protocol. I honestly didn't mind wearing the costume as long as I was doing it for a good cause.

The following day after school, I took the bus to the mall and went to the bathroom to change into my costume. I honestly thought that it looked pretty cute. This was going to be worth it since I got paid a little bit more per hour. I was hoping to get a gift for my mom for Christmas too.

Halfway through my shift, I saw some teens who were walking around Santa Land that looked familiar to me. These teenagers kept walking around the photo op station glaring at me. When I took a peek out of the corner of my eye at who they were I noticed that they were some of E.J Caswell's water polo friends.

"Hey! You, new girl! Get back to work at Santa Land and focus on your job." My manager yelled to me

"Loser!" One boy yelled from across the mall.

"Poor Elf!" Another guy hollered while cupping his hands to his mouth to yell.

"Weirdo." I heard from the guy next to him.

"Poor transfer girl needs a job!" I heard from the guy standing next to E.J who was laughing the hardest.

I watched the teenage boys get shooed away by the Mall security while holding back tears that I didn't know were there. I didn't know what they were laughing at. My theatre friends didn't mind that I was a transfer student and why didn't E.J say something to get them to shut up. I've never been bullied by anyone at East High.

I went over to my manager and told her that I needed to take my lunch break now and she gladly let me be for half an hour. I didn't bring anything to eat and wasn't really hungry but decided to go to the food court to clear my mind. Maybe I would find an appetite and get over what just happened. I was honestly just trying to get paid so that I could buy Christmas gifts for my friends and family.

As I walked to the food court with my purse in hand, I felt someone tap me on the shoulder. When I turned my head around I saw E.J's tall figure standing there looking innocent and masculine.

"I umm came here to apologize for my friend's behavior. I would have said something, but I honestly didn't know that they were going to say those things to you. I did not have time to react. Do you umm want to get lunch?" E.J said nervously.

"Wow. E.J Caswell is apologizing for something he didn't do and he's offering to get lunch. Impressive. I like the new and improved E.J. I didn't really bring any money for lunch though." I said shyly.

"It's a date. Lunch is on me." E.J said as he winked at me.

Wow I thought to myself! I didn't think that I could go from being bullied to getting a date with E.J Caswell in a matter of minutes. This is my lucky day. I've been crushing on him ever since the musical ended.

"Now why were you working at Santa's Workshop? That hat with ears looks pretty cute and sassy on you." E.J said poking the fake ears on my hat.

"For your information, I am trying to get enough money to pay for Christmas Gifts for my friends and family. My mom works overtime and can barely pay bills. I need to get back to work in half an hour so I can't really go on a date now. Please don't tell anyone. It's embarrassing and even your friends laughed at me." I said as I sat at a table.

"Well, I think that you are a really cute elf. I would like to buy you lunch today and take you on a date at another time. Don't listen to my water polo teammates they are just jealous that I have found the most talented and hot girl at East High." E.J said getting out his wallet after kissing my cheek.

A/N: I'm sorry if this was crappy. I am writing past midnight because this is the only time, I have privacy at my parent's house. Pt.2? GJ winter date? Also, I am trying not to make all of my imagines fluffy and happy. The holidays are not portrayed as realistic on tv. I really like that hsmtmts shows the hardships of life like divorce, arguments, jealousy and more. Fanfiction is just our imagination, but I am adding parts that can relate to real life.