December 22nd: All I Want for Christmas is You... (Rini x Redni?)

Author's note: This story will take place over the course of a few weeks. I had another crazy idea and it somehow flopped. I changed it a bit so that it would make sense, hopefully it does. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSHUA BASSETT!

*December 11th, 2019*

Ricky's POV:

Big Red and I were supposed to be playing video games in his basement for the night, but I was too busy thinking about Nini.

Why did she leave all of a sudden after the musical? Her moms said that she went to Denver to visit her aunt who was getting sick, but I didn't believe that at all. She just shut me out all of a sudden after Ashlyn's after party and never replied to my messages. It was so weird. At Ashlyn's party she kept using that British accent that she had when she got nervous. I think she's hiding something from me. She didn't say that it was a breakup but its been two weeks and I haven't heard from her. This is not like her at all and I'm heartbroken again.

"Dude, you have got to stop looking at your phone for messages from Nini. I get it your heartbroken again. Please don't act like a zombie in my basement again. It is not a good sight to see." Big Red said as he nudged me in the shoulder.

"Love is stupid and hopeless. Never fall in love." I groaned as I leaned back into Big Red's beanbag.

"Too bad. I'm already in love with Ashlyn Caswell." Big Red exclaimed happily at he stared at his lock screen with her on it.

Apparently, he got the guts to ask her out after the musical had ended. I was so happy for them since Nini and I were back together, but she blocked me out. I don't know why she won't reply to my messages anymore. Her aunt can't be that sick?

"No offense. But please shut up. I'm tired of hearing about romance." I groaned again as I checked my phone again.

"Ok. You are never this grouchy. I'm taking your phone away for now." Big Red said as he snatched my phone from my hand and threw it under his bed.

"What the heck?! Bro not cool?!" I exclaimed like a child as I ran a hand through my curls.

"Get up. I'm not going to let you sit and mope in my basement just because your ex-girlfriend broke up with you because of a showmance. We're going to do something to get your mind off of it." Big Red exclaimed to me while attempting to drag me off of the beanbag.

"Fine, but you have to stop talking about her." I grumbled as I got up from the beanbag.

**********

*December 18th, 2019*

Big Red had invited me over to play video games again this weekend. I tried to say no because I wasn't feeling up to it, but he kept pleading me with his puppy eye face and made excuses like "This is going to be our last video game match of the year...."

I tried to relax on his beanbag chair again but couldn't stop thinking of Nini. Why can't she just reply back to me? It's that simple.

"Hey Ricky, what game do you want to play? My mom got me the new NBA 2k game for Hannukah, and my aunt got me the new Warcraft game. Which one do you want to play?" Big Red said while holding up the two game cases.

"I don't care. I just want to see Nini again for Christmas...." I groaned again while laying back into the beanbag.

"I know. I'm sorry about her bro but you have got to stop acting like heartbroken zombie. Why don't we play some NBA2k?"

"Ok. I'm sorry about the way I've been acting. I just really miss her and don't know why she blocked me out."

"It's fine dude. Let me grab some snacks before we play." Big Red replied to me while patting me on the shoulder.