December 17th: Fricking Todd (Rini)

*Christmas Eve*

Ricky's POV:

"Ricky, could you please get the door?" I heard my dad yell from his bedroom.

I got up off of the couch and ran to the door, expecting to see my mom standing outside in the cold, but instead I saw her holding Todd's hand. I despised that man with every little bit of energy I had left in me.

"Oh Ricky. I feel like I haven't seen you in forever. I hope you don't mind that I invited Todd to Christmas eve dinner." My mom said as she reached over to hug me.

Todd reached out to shake my hand and I shook his back stiffly while fake smiling. Why did my mom seem to think that she could bring this Todd guy into my life all of a sudden?

*At Dinner*

I started playing with my salad while my dad started talking to Todd. It even hurt thinking about him. Why couldn't my parents just magically get back together it's not fair.

I kept staring down at my plate ignoring everyone, when all of a sudden, my mom raised stood up out of her chair and raised her glass.

"I'd like to make an announcement." My mom said at the head of the table holding Todd's hand.

Oh no. If this isn't awkward enough. I'd rather be watching The Greatest Showman with Nini.

"Todd proposed to me last night. We're getting married next spring." My mom said excitedly as she showed us her ring.

"Your what?!" I yelled as I spit out the water that I was drinking.

"I'm getting remarried sweetie. Aren't you happy for me?" My mom stared at me.

"I need a minute. I feel dizzy." I exclaimed as I left the table.

While I was packing a bag and grabbing my skateboard, I heard my dad yell my name, but decided to ignore it.

I needed to be with Nini, tonight.

********

*At Nini's House*

I didn't even bother to text Nini telling her that I was coming over. I rang the door hesitantly and stood outside in the cold waiting for her. I just needed to see her and hug her now.

"Ricky, what are you doing here on Christmas eve? You don't even have a jacket on. You must be freezing." I heard Nini say as she stood at the doorway.

"MyMomisgettingremarriedtotodd." I said quickly while hugging her and starting to cry again.

"Ricky, slow down. What are you talking about?" Nini said while stroking my curls that were in my face.

"My mom announced at Christmas Eve dinner that Todd idiot proposed to her. This isn't supposed to happen. Nini please tell me that this is a nightmare. She's not supposed to be with him. I don't know what to do. I started feeling dizzy and nauseous and skateboarded here." I said while pacing back and forth on her porch, out of breath.

"Oh Ricky, I'm sorry about your mom. Unfortunately, you can't convince your mom not to get remarried. You have to accept that your mom is happy. Your dad did already." Nini said as she looked over to her moms standing in the kitchen and shooed them back in to give us some privacy.

"You always know what to say Nini. I just really wish that she would've waited to announce this after Christmas. She always makes her announcement at the wrong times. Umm do you have room for one more tonight? I don't really want to spend Christmas Eve dinner with my parents and Todd tonight." I replied to Nini while wiping away my tears.

"You are always welcome here, Ricky. You don't need to ask. Let's get inside before we freeze to death and I can get you some dinner. " Nini replied as she grasped onto my hand and kissed my cheek lightly.