December 27th: The Mazarra Family Kwanzaa Tradition pt.2(Jenzarra)

Author's Note: This was  my friend MadsShips  idea not mine. It doesn't sound like something I would write but it is interesting. I hope you enjoy. I kinda like this story. It turned out to be longer than I thought.

*Please read all of this before reading the story.*

Trigger Warning: One scene involves a man touching Miss Jenn but I promise I don't describe it. It's just part of the story. I would never want this to happen to anyone in real life. Please don't read this story if your not comfortable with the scenario.

*December 26th, 2019*

Miss Jenn's POV:

Benjamin Mazarra was full of surprises this month. He asked me to be his plus one to his family Karaoke night on Christmas eve and he committed to helping me with the spring musical. He even surprised me by being a gentleman and picked me up from my apartment tonight, because tonight is Karaoke night. I am so excited because I have never been to a Karaoke bar before and maybe I'll find a way to incorporate this into the fall musical. Who knows? Maybe I have an idea up my sleeve? My second favorite Disney movie, Let it Shine maybe for the next musical?

While Benjamin was focusing on driving to our destination I decided to look up the definition of Kwanzaa and what night one means. I'm always up for some research even for musicals.

When I finished my google search, I realised that we had arrived at the Utah State Mall instead of a cafe. I decided to confront Benjamin about what I had learned on google before getting out of the car to some mystery place at the mall.

"So I did some research and found out that the first night of Kwanzaa is about family, unity, and community. Why are we at a mall and why are we going to a Karaoke fest?" I turned to Benjamin curiously while he was stopping the car.

"I forgot to get my sister a baby shower gift since I couldn't make it to her party last week, so I need to run a quick errand and get something here. I hope you don't mind tagging along. The Karaoke Fest is held at this local bar in Utah every year and it is one of my family's favorite traditions to go sing together there. See family and Unity. I need to grab a gift real quick. Do you want to stay in the car or come along? It's quite cold." Benjamin said to me while he tightened his scarf and unlocked his door..

"Ok. I'll tag along. I love shopping maybe I can give you some ideas on what to get since we have to be at the place soon." I replied while opening the car door.

"I was going to be a gentleman and help you out of the car but I guess you an independent one and don't need my help. Anyways, I was thinking of getting her a one of those robot toys that makes sounds since she's having a boy. I saw it online and I bet Target has it." Mr. Mazarra exclaimed while walking beside me into the large mall that had a Target and Costco in it.

"Seriously?! A robot. I don't think her baby wants to hear a loud crying sound come from his toy. He's going to be a newborn baby not a toddler or a 5 month old. Let me pick out the gift and you can approve of it." I said to him while walking beside him into the store.

"Jenn, how do you know so much about baby toys? I know your obsessed with High School Musical too." Benjamin said to me as we reached the baby toy isle.

"I am not obsessed with High School Musical. It's a passion of mine and an escape from reality. I may or may not have taken one or two home ec classes in high school that involved 'The Baby Project'." I replied nervously while ignoring his reply.

"What's the baby Project?" Benjamin replied to me while I was picking out a toy so that we could quickly leave.

"Nothing. Here feel this toy. Isn't it soft? I think the baby will like it very much. It has a small blanket attached to the top too. Look at the Giraffe it's adorable!" I exclaimed while touching its fur.