December 11th: A Winter Break to Remember (E.J x Ricky)

Author's Note: Happy HSMTMTS Holiday Special Premiere Day! I hope that you get a chance to watch it sometime today or in the future. Now please enjoy this short imagine that I wrote last month. No spoilers in this story.

-Kathylo42

E.J's POV:

I invited all of my theater friends to stay over at my Dad's lake house for the first two days of winter break and it seems like everyone is coming. I don't think that I am as good as a party planner as my cousin Ashlyn is, but I do know that my dad owns a pool, Jacuzzi, and private movie room. He said that I can use it as long as I clean the house afterwards since he's going to be away with his new fiancé for the holidays. Sounds like he's ditching me again, but that's fine I got the whole house to myself and my friends for a few days.

The girls arrived first and had a lot of luggage with them. Then Ricky arrived holding a single duffel bag. Ricky mentioned that Big Red had family plans and we all just accepted it and let him be for the holidays. Seb and Carlos were the last to arrive. Apparently, they couldn't find all of Carlos' luggage at the airport and some kind of weird mistake happened.

We spent the weekend watching SHREK the musical, playing spicy uno, watching movies, and swimming in the pool.

After a fun two days, everyone had to go home to their families for winter break. I understood and said goodbye to everyone. I even said goodbye to my cousin Ashlyn who said she was going on a date with her boyfriend tomorrow.

Ricky's POV:

"Hey, E.J is there somewhere private where I can take this call? My dad's calling about the flight I have in a few hours." I said casually while staring at his shirt.

"Yeah, the kitchen is empty and sort of a private place. I'll be in my room if you need me." E.J replied.

When I got to the kitchen, I pressed accept on my phone to see what my dad had to say about the plane arrangements that he had scheduled for me.

"Hey, Ricky do you think you could you ask your friend if you could stay over for another night? Your Mom and I need to talk about a few things and the flights are getting cancelled because of a massive snowstorm that is coming."

"Dad, are you are still in denial that mom is in love with someone else?" I said as I sighed to myself.

"Pshhh...no. Ricky I just need some time alone with your mom to talked about, ummm divorce. The therapist said that its good to admit that it's really happening. I'm sorry son maybe you'll have fun at your friend's house for a few days."

"Take care of yourself and don't lay on the couch for a week. See you soon dad." I replied before hanging up and brushing my hand through my curls.

"You ok?" I heard someone say, making me jump.

I looked up and saw E.J standing at the entrance of the kitchen. Damn it. He heard the entire thing. He knows that my life is a mess. He probably doesn't understand how it feels to have one parent or even none.

"Yeah...yeahh. I'm just going to need a place to stay for a week or so. I'm sorry if that sounds pushy, but I have nowhere else to go and my home situation is complicated right now." I said to E.J wiping tears from my eyes.

Damn it. I need to man up. I wish I had Big Red here to talk to.

"I kind of have this place to myself for the next week because my Dad is on vacation with his new fiancé so I kind of understand where you are coming from. Your welcome to stay here as long as you help me clean up this mess." E.J replied.

"Oh, I didn't know that about your father. I'm sorry." I said sympathetically.

"Nah, it's no biggie. Only Ashlyn knows about my parents so let's keep it to a T. Wanna do something fun?"

"Sure." I replied hesitantly.

"Last person to cannonball into the pool has to take out the trash at the end of the week." E.J said taking odd his shirt, giving him a head start.

"Hey that's not fair! This is your dads' house." I replied as E.J jumped into the pool before I could get there.

Damn. He definitely has a 6 pack, and more muscles than me. What am I thinking? I still love Nini.

After we got towels and dried off, E.J and I sat by the shirtless. There was an awkward silence as we sat on the pool chairs and waited for someone to say something.

"Hey Ricky, can I tell you something?" E.J said while drying his hair off with his towel.

"Yeah, you can tell me anything. I can keep a secret unlike some of our friends." I said picking my head up and staring into his eyes.

"I think there's something wrong with me." E.J said looking down

"What do you mean? You have a 4.3 GPA, a college scholarship, and this mansion to yourself." I said to him while looking at him.

"I think I'm bisexual. I don't know. I know it sounds wrong. Ugh I don't know what to think about myself. Everyone is going to make fun of me. Please don't make fun of me. I've kinda had a secret crush on you for a while." E.J said as he started to play with a water polo ball that was near the pool.

"Oh." I said since I was in shock.

"Oh no. I shouldn't have said that. Never mind. You have Nini. And your still trying to fix your relationship with her. Forget what I said" E.J started muttering to himself.

I've never seen E.J act this insecure and nervous before. He's kinda hot when he is flustered. Damn.

 Damn

"E.J look at me."

"What? You're going to say that I'm a freak." E.J said crying and looking away from me.

"I really like you too. I've been procrastinating on fixing my problems with Nini because I think I'm bisexual too." I said confidently before I reached over to kiss him on the lips.

"Damn Bowen. You're a good kisser." E.J replied as he kissed back and pushed me into the pool.

"Oh, you're on, Caswell!" I screamed while floating in the pool as we started splashing each other with pool noodles and floaties.