December 5th: Strawberries and Secrets (Rini)

A/N: This is story is really cute. It's actually one of my favorite HSM 3 scenes besides the rooftop waltz. Please vote and comment. :) 20  days till christmas, 5 more days till the holiday special

*Last weekend*

Nini's POV:

It's the week before finals and Ricky decided to take me on another date, even though I said that I had to stay home and study for finals. I was usually prepared for finals week, but this year I got accepted into my dream school and they said that I need to get a higher grade in math in order to attend the school. Some stupid rule about academics. I thought they only taught performing arts but I guess it was half academic studies too at YAC.

Ricky promised that it would be a short date, so that I could get back to studying soon. I bundled up in some warm clothes and got ready for this mystery date.

When Ricky rang the doorbell, he was dressed in a casual hoodie and jeans look like always. I kind of always loved that he wore the same things all the time but just in different colors.

"Where are we going Ricky?" I said to him as I kissed his lips and got into the car.

"We're just going on a short drive to the park. I promise you'll be back in time to study." Ricky replied as he kissed me back.

As Ricky drove to the familiar park where we made so many memories, I silently hummed to the radio since I didn't feel like talking.

"You ok, Nins? You seem a bit quiet tonight." Ricky said as he turned to me and stopped the car to park it in a spot across the street from the park.

"Just kind of stressed about exams. I need to do well this semester. My lola wants me to get honors this year again. I can't let her down." I said with a slight British accent that slipped out accidentally.

"Nini, look at me. You can tell me if something is wrong or if I did something. You only use that British accent when your nervous." Ricky replied as he turned the car off and we sat in the cold and in silence.

"I'm just tired and stressed. Do you want to swing on the play set for a bit, like old times?" I said as I zipped up my jacket.

"Yeah, sure." Ricky replied as he handed me a blanket from the back of his truck.

*Present Time: The Sunday before Nini's Math Exam*

Ricky's POV:

I haven't seen my girlfriend, Nini, in a week since she has been studying hard for her math exam, so I decided to surprise her with an indoor picnic date. Just a little distraction, since she's probably stressed and needs a break.

I drove over to Target and found some Christmas movies that were on sale as well as some strawberries and our favorite soda. The perfect snack and the perfect drink. I also found a little Christmas bag where I could hide the picnic ingredients in. Then headed over to Nini's house.

When I got to Nini's house, I saw that her bedroom light was on and decided to text her instead of knocking on the front door since I knew a shortcut to her room.

I climbed up a big oak tree with the bag of snacks and movies in my backpack and climbed up to the porch that looked out of her bedroom. Nini let me in through the side door and sat back on her bed that was full of notes and her textbook. She looked so stressed and tired.

"Surprise! I brought a snack and some Christmas movies I thought that we could watch together. You definetly need a break, you have been studying all week and I haven't heard from you not even an 'ok'." I said to Nini who went back to doing a math equation.