December 3rd : The Four Letter Word (Jenzarra)

Miss Jenn's POV:

I was getting ready for a friend date with Benjamin Mazarra. He said that it was going to be a surprise and that he had to pick me up from my apartment at 7:00pm. We called it a friend date because staff members at East High weren't supposed to be in romantic relationships with other staff members; but we secretly saw each other after school. He asked me if I wanted to go to this Holiday Event with him when we were at the coffee station in the staff room yesterday. I said yes immediately because it felt a bit lonely doing everything by myself in December. I didn't know what this event was, but I hoped that it would be fun.

At 7 pm on the dot, I saw Benjamin's car parked outside of my small apartment complex. He stepped out of the car looking handsome as always. I noticed that he was wearing a heavy corduroy button down jacket and a scarf since it was starting to get colder here. When he approached me, I was about to compliment his outfit, but he interrupted me by saying,

"Jennifer you look so pretty tonight. I hope you're ready to walk in those heels. We're going somewhere special first."

"I was about to say that you look handsome tonight, Benjamin. Let me go change into more comfortable shoes." I replied nervously.

"Don't call me Benjamin by the way. Only my parents call me that." He replied back after getting back into the drivers' seat of his car.

*******

In the car Mr. Mazarra hummed along to the Christmas music that was playing on the radio. I didn't like awkward silence, so I decided a start a conversation.

"Will you please tell me where we're going? You're starting to scare me. Are you Kidnapping me? I have students too." I said jokingly.

Mr. Mazzara's eyes were focused on the road as he said, "I promise, I'm not kidnapping you. We are grown adults. The location is still a surprise."

He kept driving in silence for another 15 minutes until the car halted in the middle of traffic. Well, it wasn't really traffic it was more of a large line of cars.

"We're going to see zoolights?!" I exclaimed as soon as I saw the sign on the side of the road.

"Yes?" He replied back to me as we sat in traffic.

"Thank you for bringing me here. My parents never did any Christmas activities with me they were too busy filing for their divorce." I said while looking down at my gloves..

"Your welcome. Can I ask you something?" Mazarra said as he parked the car in a spot.

"Can we make this a real date? I really really like you Jen, Jennifer whatever your name is. You're really proactive and creative. You may not have the best teaching styles, but you know what you want. I think I ummm really like you."

"You mean the 4 letter word?" I said to him from the passenger seat.

"Yeah, that word." He replied back to me while looking at me.

"I'd love to make this a date. I've never been in love. I've only had flings with people. Baby steps let's wait to say the 4-letter word." I said smiling back to him.

The rest of the night we walked around looking at the zoo lights. By 9pm it started to get really cold and I think that he noticed.

As soon as he noticed me shivering, he wrapped his trench coat around my small shoulders. We took a few photos to commemorate the night, but promised not to share them with anyone till we made it official. I think that this was my first successful date since my last relationship with Zach ended. I hope that this would be a love that lasts.

A/N: I promise that better stories will be coming soon. It takes me a while to build up my creative juice and sit down and write. Look out for another story tomorrow. I don't know why wattpad is having technical difficulties :/